my plan

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
ok.....after much sitting on the fence over weather to join now at 16 or get some quals and join as an officer in a few years time. i think ive come up wiv a decent idea...if i join the rmr whilst in sixth form(wil be hard *text deleted*) il be able to get my quals....n then il be able to decide weather officer is for me....so was wondering what you guys reckoned?

ps....orlando rogers did something similar

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I'd try forming some sentences first, my brain hurt reading that.

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
....dammit i have to use my psp for internet n its hard to write stuff wiv....so be nice

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I never knew you could access tinters from a psp. learn something new everyday.

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
im not sure if you would be able to go from regular in the RMR straight to officer in the regs though.

D

Deleted

im not sure if you would be able to go from regular in the RMR straight to officer in the regs though.

I think you have to go through the PRMC/POC all over again if you do that.

Actually, it's quite a good idea. Would it be practical to go into the RMR though when you're studying at college?

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I'd honestly go the TA route, less of a commitment both in regards to what you do for training & holding fitness. You might get overwhelmed.

PSP For internet? oh lordy!

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
also have you got an RMR place near you?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
PSP For internet? oh lordy!

Yep, Jamie noticed that too:

I never knew you could access tinters from a psp. learn something new everyday.

OK diversifying somewhat, (and I'm an oldlie) I find that quite interesting. Presumably you refer to the new Wi-Fi compatable PSP 3000? What I want to know is can you use a 3G Mobile Broadband dongle on it AND can you type on the touch-sensitive screen?

Likewise the new ARCHOS 7 media tablet - same questions please!

My reason for asking is that I've been using a PocketSurfer2 until last week when it fell out of my pocket during a Ninja-sprint (waddle?) to catch the bus to work. Trashed.

I'm poised to buy an Asus, Acer, Advent 4211 or similar mini-laptop & 3G mobile broadband to use on public transport - all advice gratefully received, the smaller screen size, the better!

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
ye its like a ten min walk away....carlton barraks leeds

Robfo

Reaction score
Ninja, check out the Acer Aspire, my best reccomendation.

And GG's kids, I reckon the workload will be quite a lot, doing well at A levels takes quite a bit of commitment, as do the RMR. I think they'd be too much together

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
what are you planing to do when you leave sixth form? you *text deleted* go in as officer or other rank?