My Protein

GreenLidSeaker

Reaction score
Alright fella's im going to be ordering a ?60 bundle on MP I can have 6 products.

Was thinking about: True whey, Milk Protein smooth.. but im not too sure what else to get if anyone recommends anything? Was thinking about getting something with decent carbs.

My diet is good, nice and healthy. Unless i decide to have a bit of a binge on sunday that i can get a way with every now and then. aha.

Cheers in advance Lads.
Josh.

Anthony_H

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Alright fella's im going to be ordering a ?60 bundle on MP I can have 6 products.

Was thinking about: True whey, Milk Protein smooth.. but im not too sure what else to get if anyone recommends anything? Was thinking about getting something with decent carbs.

My diet is good, nice and healthy. Unless i decide to have a bit of a binge on sunday that i can get a way with every now and then. aha.

Cheers in advance Lads.
Josh.
Some form of multi vitamin maybe, what about throwing in an unflavoured whey for mixing with things like oats, smoothies maybe or what ever you can dream up.

VTomasi

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score

Cheers in advance Lads.
Josh.
True Whey looks like a good product, but for price/quality I would simply stick with unflavoured Impact Whey Protein. Good quality protein, cheap, very mixable (just add a bit of nesquick). The added bits and pieces in True Whey are nice, but not necessary. Plus you can get about double the Impact for your money.

Instant oats are great carbs, easy to mix and form the base of a morning shake.

I wouldn't bother with the vitamins tabs - I have Alpha Men, and I think it makes little difference. If you already eat healthily, there's no need.

Milk Protein Smooth is a good one, stick with that.

Maybe consider BCAAs.

Flavdrops are pretty good for flavouring.

Omega 3 is a must.

You can consider anti-oxidant sups, such as : Organic Spirulina Powder or Superfood XS

For 5% off first order use this code :MP198139

S

stokey_14

ZMA ? wont help your training very much at all unless you?re deficient in zinc or magnesium but you will have mega vivid ?trippy? dreams and mega deep sleep haha

The beef jerky and almond/peanut butters are also a treat from my protein

Stokey

VTomasi

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
ZMA ? wont help your training very much at all unless you?re deficient in zinc or magnesium but you will have mega vivid ?trippy? dreams and mega deep sleep haha

The beef jerky and almond/peanut butters are also a treat from my protein

Stokey
Yes definitely the almond/peanut butters - 1kg bargains.

I would only use the ZMA if you're actually having real trouble sleeping. Plus needs to be taken on an empty stomach before bed, not ideal if you want to take Casein (milk protein smooth)

S

stokey_14

Yes definitely the almond/peanut butters - 1kg bargains.

I would only use the ZMA if you're actually having real trouble sleeping. Plus needs to be taken on an empty stomach before bed, not ideal if you want to take Casein (milk protein smooth)

Haha yer the ZMA wasn't too serious of a comment, i used to take it purely for the insane dreams! Like watching a film as you sleep but with more crazy stuff than any film i've ever seen....:biggrin:

I used to take it a hour after my 11 o'clock cottage cheese (casein) and it never made any difference.

Stokey

VTomasi

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Haha yer the ZMA wasn't too serious of a comment, i used to take it purely for the insane dreams! Like watching a film as you sleep but with more crazy stuff than any film i've ever seen....:biggrin:

I used to take it a hour after my 11 o'clock cottage cheese (casein) and it never made any difference.

Stokey
Just get on the LSD mate. :saythat:

GreenLidSeaker

Reaction score
Cheers for the reply's guys, been a lot of help.

haha i used to use ZMA but it made me sleep for like 36 hours, so im not using them again.

Cheers once again lads.

AVS

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
All you need is whey protein unflavoured (saves money) and creatine powder, other things are not that beneficial ime

VTomasi

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
All you need is whey protein unflavoured (saves money) and creatine powder, other things are not that beneficial ime
That's not a particularly helpful post.

Creatine is something that some people do well with, others dislike. I dislike, Stokey likes. Each to his own.

The other supplements that have been suggested have valid uses which are well researched and documented.

S

stokey_14

If you?re still scraping around for stuff to fill the bundle hit up some Beta alanine , good for muscular endurance and I?ve seen real positive affects from using it.

8g a day split into 4 x 2 gram doses with water. Also believed to boost the efficiency of creatine (and vica versa) so nice to stack them along side each other.

Stokey

JMC

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
If you?re still scraping around for stuff to fill the bundle hit up some Beta alanine , good for muscular endurance and I?ve seen real positive affects from using it.
:dito:

I found this helped my intensity in a workout, got me pushing a bit harder with shorter breaks, so indirectly positive effect on CV.

AVS

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
That's not a particularly helpful post.

Creatine is something that some people do well with, others dislike. I dislike, Stokey likes. Each to his own.

The other supplements that have been suggested have valid uses which are well researched and documented.
thats why i said ime "in my experience" and i think some people on here along with thousand of others have bought into the idea that these things are either a must or simply amazing to use with a workout, as i remember you arent allowed most of them in RT, hopefully that wont be a body shock for most

S

stokey_14

thats why i said ime "in my experience" and i think some people on here along with thousand of others have bought into the idea that these things are either a must or simply amazing to use with a workout, as i remember you arent allowed most of them in RT, hopefully that wont be a body shock for most

No one here is saying there a wonder cure for anything.
Please do explain what you mean by body shock. Are you some how suggesting that Protien, creatine, Fish oil, Beta Alanine, dextrose etc will cause the body to become depended on these? That you?ll have some form of withdrawals when you stop using them?

Tell me when I don?t get my mixed berries, honey, grass fed beef and Almond butter down at CTC will I have withdrawals from them also?

Supplements can help supplement diet, some have uses others are a waste of cash, the OP is buying a bundle and wants advice on what will help him so he doesn?t waste his hard earned cash .

I personally don?t see the issue.

Stokey

AVS

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
No one here is saying there a wonder cure for anything.
Please do explain what you mean by body shock. Are you some how suggesting that Protien, creatine, Fish oil, Beta Alanine, dextrose etc will cause the body to become depended on these? That you?ll have some form of withdrawals when you stop using them?

Tell me when I don?t get my mixed berries, honey, grass fed beef and Almond butter down at CTC will I have withdrawals from them also?

Supplements can help supplement diet, some have uses others are a waste of cash, the OP is buying a bundle and wants advice on what will help him so he doesn?t waste his hard earned cash .

I personally don?t see the issue.

Stokey
From reading some of the posts on this forum the past couple of days, people need to understand this is a library of information rather than an arena to argue,
*text deleted** been told and warned and heard that people do notice the difference in their performance when they are on a diet consisting of lots of man made substitutes and such, to then go back to a normal balanced diet, that *text deleted* is a fact, i dont use any of them anymore because i couldnt stand the taste nor the expense etc

I simply but my shortened input.

S

stokey_14

From reading some of the posts on this forum the past couple of days, people need to understand this is a library of information rather than an arena to argue,
*text deleted** been told and warned and heard that people do notice the difference in their performance when they are on a diet consisting of lots of man made substitutes and such, to then go back to a normal balanced diet, that *text deleted* is a fact, i dont use any of them anymore because i couldnt stand the taste nor the expense etc

I simply but my shortened input.

Fair enough if you don?t want to use them but please don?t state ?fact? with out any backing.

These ?man made? supplements are in fact things such as dehydrated milk powder, naturally occurring amino acids, Fish oils, sugar etc

Whey powder cost less that the alternative solid food option. Per serving you?ll get more bang for your buck so to speak. Whilst it?s not a good idea to rely solely on one source for food there is no harm in a good quality Whey (unless you have personal issues like gastrointestinal problems with certain brands? but you can get that with any food, some people are lactose intolerant etc). Fact.

Are you suggesting we eat a less than optimal diet, so that when we are force not to eat well we don?t feel how we would anyways?

Should I start eating a lower grade of meat with less nutrients in it because I might get that down at CTC?

Finally this library of information was formed over people debating such topics. (what I personally believed was happening here) It?s ever expending thanks to these debates and new opinions. However if you go around stating false ?facts? or saying something that isn?t true then it is other posters jobs to set you, I or indeed any other poster straight for there own knowledge and so that these false truths aren?t spread.

Stokey

alfaholic

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The human race has been around a long time and did phys to the same level long before any of these products existed. You do not NEED these products but they can help in certain areas hence the word 'supplement'. I personally don't take anything not even any sort of painkillers for a headache etc. I like to think my body can naturally recover from illness, injury and I take great pleasure in the fact that I do it this way supplement, medication free.
Also my bank balance is a better than it would be.
However each to their own i don't have beef with anyone who takes supplements and fish oils etc etc but take great pleasure in the fact that I don't.

Chubbo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
MyProtein peanutbutter is magic. it was on offer last week, i picked up 5kg along with some coconut oil :)

S

stokey_14

The human race has been around a long time and did phys to the same level long before any of these products existed. You do not NEED these products but they can help in certain areas hence the word 'supplement'. I personally don't take anything not even any sort of painkillers for a headache etc. I like to think my body can naturally recover from illness, injury and I take great pleasure in the fact that I do it this way supplement, medication free.
Also my bank balance is a better than it would be.
However each to their own i don't have beef with anyone who takes supplements and fish oils etc etc but take great pleasure in the fact that I don't.

That is fair enough, however whey, fish oil ,creatine have all been around since the start of time in meat, milk, fish. Probably even before the human race. Just because they have been taken out/ extracted from these things and dehydrated, placed in gelatine caps etc to allow for higher concentrations to be consumed with ease does not make them un-natural.

In fact it could be argued by not taking certain things, vit d in the winter, fish oil etc you are in fact taking the less healthy route, which hey is fine and your choice.

The old way isn?t always best?and once again no one is saying you need supps.

Now I think we should get back to the OP?s request.

Stokey

RAY_GRYLLS

Reaction score
Hurricane Evo is a good supplement for providing you with a whole host of things for dietary needs (creatine, protein carbs etc)!! I used to take this but i found it gave me stomach *text deleted**text deleted**, but this might just be how it reacts to me personally, so give it a go!

Total protein is what i currently take.. around the equivalent to two cans of tuna per shake.. I think off the top of my head there is about 50g per serving!