My training log and a little background.

Daz-PRMC

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Basically, if anyone's interested I keep a training log at rosstraining.com

I update it almost daily with sessions I've done and it's dedicated solely to my PRMC preparation.

To cut a massive story short I was in training back in '02 and even passed my commando tests. On the old syllabus it was tests, field firing, final ex and then pass out. Well I failed final ex, was binned and came back to civvy street feeling a right 'c-u-next-tuesday'

I never lost the bug for it though after all the family drama was sorted out that made me fook up the first time. So after a long drawn out re-application process last year I rocked up for another shot at PRMC... and failed! Due in part to a killer chest infection over the Xmas but I was also cocky enough not to prepare 100% By this point I was ready to *text deleted**text deleted* it all off and not bother but after a few choice words from the bloke at my AFCO (cracking bloke by the way) I went away, and started sorting myself out.

This process can be seen here
- RossTraining.com :: View topic - Daz training for Potential Royal Marines Course

Cheers for reading this immensely boring post! Darren

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Good post mate,
I have started using the blog function on here, as hopefully it will motivate me when i look at how far i have progressed (hopefully!)

Looks like you're varying your training a lot which is good, i need to have another crack at the 100 burpee challenge soon. Do you throw in a press-up when you do them? I tried it as a one off without press-ups and managed about 10 minutes, which isn't too great.

atb

Blue Man

Reaction score
Hi Darren, I remmember you used to post over at Mfat.

You re-applying?

Edit: Just reading through the log, good luck!

Daz-PRMC

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I am mate, and in a completely different frame of mind this time around!

Messed up massively last year and not going through that again!

Just thought the log would be another little insight into what others are getting up to

Blue Man

Reaction score
I am mate, and in a completely different frame of mind this time around!

Messed up massively last year and not going through that again!

Just thought the log would be another little insight into what others are getting up to

Yeah, it's really good, I've been flicking through it for a couple of weeks now.

Best of luck!