Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

My Training Plan (PJFT)

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by GlasgowBear, Apr 18, 2019.

1. GlasgowBear

GlasgowBear New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    How is this plan? Long/Fast runs are done outside instead of treadmill as I'm trying to be a better runner outside, while practising for the PJFT.

Mon. Am. Long run Pm. Rowing 10x500m 1minute rest.

Tue. Am. Swim. Pm. Intervals.

Wed. Am. Rest.

Thur. Am. Upper body circuit. Pm. Long Row.

Fri. Am. Fast run.

Sat. Rest.

Sun. Am. Intervals/mock pjft. Pm. Full body circuit.

Every night is finished with gainers except Saturday. Or should I just scrap running outside and stick to treadmill?

2. amphibiousspoon

amphibiousspoon New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    I find it easier to run intervals on a treadmill (more control over speed) and longer runs I do outdoors as I get bored so easily in the gym;)

At the end of the day do what is most comfortable for you, however if you struggle on the treadmill pre PJFT I’d stick to that!

And remember to stretch and roll out your calves/shins!

3. GlasgowBear

GlasgowBear New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Noted mate, cheers!

4. Kalashnikov30

Kalashnikov30 Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Definitely wouldn’t scrap outdoor running. Make sure you are very comfortable on the treadmill so that PJFT is easy, but if you only stick to the treadmill you’ll be in for a huge shock when it comes to prepping for PRMC.

5. GlasgowBear

GlasgowBear New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Yeah took that into account. Going to stick to this plan until I pass my PJFT then adjust and by then my outdoor running should be decent.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MumtoRM

MumtoRM Moderator

@arny01 would be helpful here! Got many a lad through PRMC, the man should get a medal!

7. GlasgowBear

GlasgowBear New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Yep his plan will be the one I'll be following when I get to that stage. Can't wait!