My training plan

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by cobb, Oct 25, 2018.

1. cobb

cobb Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hi just want your views on my training plan . I’m going to start boxing once a week aswell if that’s enough to learn the skill . weight training is mainly compound exercises .

M AM - Circuit PM - Run
    T AM - Circuit PM - Run
    W
    T AM - Legs & shoulders PM - Football
    F AM - Back & bicep PM - Boxing
    S AM - Chest & tricep PM - Football
    S

• Seen Seen x 1
  2. MORP

MORP Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I'd cut out the weight training (Just train legs heavy so you've got the strength), replace it with bodyweight exercises (Press-ups, Sit-ups and Pull-ups). Citcuit training is also very effective so keep that in there. I'd also find a local swiming pool and do some lane swimming once a week as swimming is still a big part of the PRMC even though its not scored. Weight training isnt effective as being too bulky and big leads to injuries when running or marching which is what the Royal Marines are trying to prevent by suggesting lots of bodyweight exercises and intense cardio.

What is your run that you do on Monday and Tuesday?

3. MORP

MORP Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    What stage of the application process are you in?

4. cobb

cobb Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Got theory test 16th November mate

• Like Like x 1
  5. cobb

cobb Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Steady 3 miles *text deleted* progress to 6 mile then add a BFT . Weight training include Bench press , Deadlift , squats , military press

• Seen Seen x 1
  6. MORP

MORP Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
  7. allye

allye Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Too much gym not enough running, gym tests aside PRMC is majority in the legs and endurance not how much you can bench.

Make it more specific to the tasks in hand.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  8. MORP

MORP Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I would just practice it like its going to be on the day. 12 min out (1.5 mile), 1 minute rest, Best effort return (1.5 mile). Make sure you're running on the dreadmill as you'll need to get used to the boredom so it doesn't affect you on your PJFT.

Rather than focusing on the heavy power-lifting moves i would just practice the body-weight exercises as the PTI's don't care how big you look, they just care about your scores on the tests, and as i'm sure you're aware "Practice makes Perfect" (You've *text deleted* be practicing the 3 exercises till you can do them in your sleep haha)

If you have any questions ask away, also have you tried to max out the 3 exercises to the beep yet?

9. MORP

MORP Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Totally agree with you!

10. Firedrake

Firedrake Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    5'10 and 100kg! You must be built like a brick outhouse. That is quite a BMI.
    I would get running and try to shed some of that. It must be hard trying to drag yourself through a mile and a half in under 10 mins.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  11. cobb

cobb Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Would say that mate . But focusing on body weight exercises 3x per week including boxing Would been enough

• Seen Seen x 1
  12. MORP

MORP Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    There's a saying in the marines "That'll do will never do", until you've started testing yourself to the PRMC bleeps you wont know how much your really have to be doing. Your opinion will definitely change, you need to be doing body-weight exercises as much as possible!

I'd listen to him aswell, I'm 5' 10 and 75kg and I'm trying to shed a couple of kilos so i'd try to do similar as it would help you smash your PRMC scores!

13. Mattys

Mattys Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I’m 5”8 and 16 stone myself and over short distances I fair well but over long distances my body wouldn’t be able to cope would be just asking for trouble.

It makes a massive difference to running and body exercises the lighter you are I was 12.8 stone start of the year and everything was so much easier.

I will say tho try and be careful not to overdo the running when weighing so much as it will naff your knees/ankles try low impact like swimming and cycling to shed some weight off and do running to a certain degree or as you said boxing would be good for shedding the weight!

P.S stay off the weights!

• Like Like x 2
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  14. allye

allye Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Asks for advice, argues with advice.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  15. cobb

cobb Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Whose arguing ? I’m actually very happy from advice given . Cheers guys . Just thought weight training is very good as it’s good for a bit off weight lost

16. Mattys

Mattys Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    See you put football for fitness so you play local football as in matches?

17. cobb

cobb Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Yeah mate training on Thursday & match Saturday

• Seen Seen x 1
  18. MORP

MORP Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    What does the training consist of?

19. cobb

cobb Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Ball drills & a match

20. Mattys

Mattys Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Your brave playing contact sports if your wanting to do the marines as a career!

One Roy Keane tackle and that’s you out for a few years I gave it up based on this *text deleted*

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1