My training regime

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Wondering what you guys think, also feel free to use it
Tuesday,
warm up jog to a big hill, about 150 meters-200 meters long getting progessivly steeper, end is v. steep. Run up it, then jog down and repeat 10 times.

Thursday- 5 miles
Sat - 1.5 miles as fast as possible
Mon 3x1800 meters, 3 minute recovery
Tuesday- On bike in gym, level 11, 30 seconds at 70rpm, 30 at 120-130 rpm for 7 minutes, 3 minute break, and repeat two more times, so 30 mins in total.
Wednesday- easy 3 miles
Thursday- fartlek running
Saturday 4x400 meters (65 seconds for each 400)
Monday 5 mile run
Wednesday 3x2000 meters 3 minute recovery
THursday 3 mile easy jog
Saturday 4x600 (100 seconds for each 600)
Monday 3 miles hard
Thursday - Hills again, but do 12
sat - 4 miles easyish
Sunday 6x300 meters.

Normster

Reaction score
That looks like a very good program. You have a good range of interval, continuous and fartlek work in there so there is good variety in your training.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers, obv Ive got gym work mixed in with that as well, had my dad write it for me.

Cool Hand Luke

Reaction score
Fletch, where do you do your 400, 1800 metres etc, have you got a local track you use?

Looks a really tidy program.

Lee

Reaction score
*text deleted*, seems like im undertraining at the moment. if i trained like that and stuck to it i'd be superman in a few weeks. or not get be able to out of bed for being knackered and not being able to go to work. better get my finger out, prmc soon.

i was thinkin more along the line fast 3 milers every second day then a 5 miler at the end of the week. upper body stuff in between, then take the weekend of from running. maybe some hillwalkin at the weekend?

i just dont want to injure myself before prmc. knock me back. suppose its different for everyone. im probably a bit older so *text deleted* and more in the back of my mind.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I use a GPS watch. I think its called forerunner. Pretty useful to use.

chew1e

Reaction score
looks good on the running side of things. Are u doing any upper body stuff aswell tho?

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yea, I do gym work in with that as well, each week Ill do about 45 mins - hour of pressups situps and pull ups, twice. A circuit in the gym twice, and a weights session once.

Cool Hand Luke

Reaction score
That seems like a hell of a lot of training to me, how long did it take you to build up such training volume?

Leedham

Reaction score
MEGA training routine there man! i thought mine was alot *text deleted*

congrats with *text deleted* so far with ya trainin fella :praise:

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Probably a good 3 months. Only just started this serious training. I have slacked on the gym work this week, as my shoulders were killing me from where I tried a one rep max on the bench, *text deleted* pretty pointless but I had to show a mate up :P.
And thanks for the positive replies :)

SamForrest

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Looks dam good on the running side of things,just makesure you dont over do it mate!

I wish i could do that volume of running. Dam shin splints! Im currently only running twice a week,but as of next week will add another small one in and see how i cope. So far ive been supplimenting running with rowing sprint,and bike intervals to simulate it as much as possible.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Alright dude, I suffeed from shin splints too. I took 3 weeks of running completey, then over 3 months built up to this. *text deleted* admit I am looking forward to my rest day.

SamForrest

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunatly mate mine seem to have stayed for over 6 months. I had a PRMC date of mid september last year,and had to cancel. I tried comming back to running around Xmas time and had no end of problems,im now running once a week (With MidnightAssasin) up our local downs,3-4 miles with sprints etc. Then a smaller sprint session mid week. Im holding up good at the moment,so its just a case of slowly bringing more stuff in!

Good luck with the program though mate,if you can handle it im sure it will stand you in good stead for a PRMC and RT on the running side of things.