My weekly training plan

Gazza_7

Reaction score
Training routine

I have put together a training routine for myself which (like I said in my introduction), I'm going to follow for 8-10 weeks. Only thing being I have never made a personal training routine before and would like everybodys opinions on it, good/bad? how could it be improved, etc. Bear in mind I have only started on Monday past (11/8), and intend to gradually build up....

Mon - 15 min run, circuit
Tue - 15 min swim, circuit
Wed - REST
Thu - 15 min run, circuit
Fri - 15 min swim, circuit
Sat - 15 min run, circuit
Sun - REST

My circuit training consists of....

15 press-ups
20 knees to chest
20 squats
5 pull ups
20 alt knee to elbow
15 box jumps
15 tricep dips
20 half-sits
10 lunges (each leg)

Every second week until about after 4-5 weeks, I will increase the running/swimming time by 10 min and the circuit reps by 5 reps.

I know this is kinda dragged on but I'd appreciate any advice on this.:wondering:

*text deleted*CAN SOMEONE MOVE THIS I POSTED IT WITHOUT NOTICING THERE WAS A STICKY FOR THIS KINDA THING!*text deleted*

massey92

Reaction score
yeah thats good try adding abit more cardio than 15 mins try at least 20-30, the circuits are good rememer the right techneiques for the press ups i.e elbows tucked into the sides. pull ups overhand grasp so your knukkles are facing you and last but nt least the situps, knees together hands on temples and as u sit up elbows to touch your knees on the way down hands on temples as before and elbows touching the floor and then repeat massey good luck

Gorillawizard

Reaction score
Half sits aren't the propper sit ups massey. They are the ones that your hands are on your thighs at all times and as you sit up your wrists touch your knees and back down then repeat.

Gazza_7

Reaction score
Cheers mate. Like I said I'm going to keep gradually building it all up, eventually doing 45 min runs for example. Only thing I seem to struggle with is the half-sits ! Whats the correct way to do these? Feet on the floor, knees bent, lean forward til the palm of your hand cups your knee?

Gorillawizard

Reaction score
just as you sit up let your wrists hit your knees so your palms go past your knees. You get used to it, cut your sholders do get quite heavy the more you do in a set. Are you doing 3 sets of the circuit with the seond set being the hardest ie. more reps on the exercises?

Gazza_7

Reaction score
Nah just doing one set *text deleted*. Going to increase this every second week as well but, probably to 3 sets with more reps if that makes sense *text deleted*.

massey92

Reaction score
sorry i thought ya meant the full sit up. anywayu i heard yu dont have to do a pjft???

Gazza_7

Reaction score
Who me? Or was that generally speaking *text deleted*.

stoker0nine

Reaction score
Cool. Ain't that the training routine from the RM website? 'Tis a good 'un!

I did it for a bit, but now mainly just trying to improve the three main exercises; pullups, pressups and situps now.