National service

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Cmon then guys what do you think about it? Sorry if this has been posted before.

Simon1992

Reaction score
I don't think it should be brought it.

- Training would have to get easier
- To many resources needed, meaning more budget spent on training not R&D.
- Some people don't deserve to fight for their country

Simon

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think they would have to make training easier, maybe they could create regiments with easier training for people doing national service, but you could apply to join other regiments if you wanted to. I think the main problems would be money and training chavs to kill people but hopefully it would discipline them if we did bring it back. :dontaskme:

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i think it should be introduced as a form of community service. not full on training but teach them to be the serfs for army/navy/airforce. you know, do the jobs we're short on that no-one wants to do

ryanClark

Reaction score
I think it should be done maby not with the Royal marines just national service for the army lets say around the ages of 16-19.

The only bad thing is bringing in guys who dont want to be there will just create bad morale for every one. The good thing is there will be a lot less crime on the streets HOWEVER the guys who get trained up and do the national service come out with some knowledge on combat. So the little sh&ts running around with the knives today stabbing every one could be trained young men with knives running around london stabing every one

just *text deleted* ask will the discpline make or break people

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
you honestly think the wannabe ganstars of today would behave the same way after 6 months in iraq/afghanistan?

Simon1992

Reaction score
Thats a good idea Tucker, maybe if instead of sending people who say, rob to prison, if they did 32 weeks of training, army style, maybe not even done by army officers ,that would teach them some respect.

Wow that is a good idea : D

Simon

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Possibly some ex-army people could train them and the government could pay them so it doesn't waste the armed forces money and they could do work locally so the government don't have to pay other people to do it

Simon1992

Reaction score
Do you know what this reminds me of,

Bad lads army... anyone remember that program? the guys that stuck to the end were changed men, and most of them wanted to join the forces after the program, that is a good way to recruit as well I suppose.

We have come up with a good idea : D

Simon

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ye *text deleted* someone give Gordon a link to this site.

Simon1992

Reaction score
hahahaha, I like the dis-respect to the man, calling him by his first name, gordon *text deleted*

Simon

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* ok then Mr Broooon

edit: surprised how fast this threads growing especially at this time

foss

Reaction score
i think they should deffo bring it in i think it would sort alot of little divies oiut

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
or just change prison back so they are based on the army way of life again (calling screws sir, saluting having rank etc), and have em work for their keep. cannot believe it costs 40 odd k to keep them in prison AND they get pocket money.... there's liberal democracy and there's utter incompetence.
then if you have all 18 yr olds doing a year of community service in the armed forces or civvie street to "earn" citizenship, have a big celebration when you pass the year, everyone's proud, public services are boosted with cheap labour, d*ckheads learn some respect. you're sorted. without citizenship an individual gets no benefits, cant vote etc. bit arcane i guess, but it'd work

Simon1992

Reaction score
lmap pitt, mr brooon, oh god, I wont sleep tonight as these sorts of jokes keep me awake! *text deleted*

*text deleted* i cant stop laughing hahahaha.

Simon :D

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
maybe national service would stop as many people getting sent to prison?:dontaskme:

edit:heh glad I made you laugh :biggrin:

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
yeah but national service is expensive. see previous post again i editted it whilst you were writing.

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
yeah but national service is expensive. see previous post again i editted it whilst you were writing.

Im sure they could find a way for them to get the money back atleast it would be spent on something worthwile

akerfish

In RT
Reaction score
i dont think they should bring it back. too expensive and it would stop as many people volunteering for the forces. the forces would not be as respected. it woud be bad for morale. the forces only want people who want to be there. and all these new laws they wouldnt be able to bring it back *text deleted* you wud get these lil chavvy c.unts who dont wana be there saying *text deleted**text deleted* like 'you cant make me be here its against my human rights' and all this otha *text deleted**text deleted*. sorry im going off on 1 *text deleted* im in a bad mood.

Latest posts

New Threads