Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Nato summit: Macron says members don't have same terrorism definition

Discussion in 'Military News and Clips' started by News, Dec 3, 2019.

1. News

News RSS Feed

French President Emmanuel Macron said France pays with its "soldier's lives".

Continue reading...

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

...hence the phrase "One man's terrorist is another man's revolutionary freedom fighter".

I'd kinda hoped a president had grasped the fundamentals of terrorism, and why, after 70 years, NATO has not been able to agree on a generic definition of terrorism.

It's an interesting topic of conversation as a terrorist is often driven by fanatical opposing political or cultual motivation, heavily outnumbered and has to resort to improvisation and shock tactics to deliver a disproportionate tactical effect in which one person can rock a nation. ie: terrorise, demoralise & demotivate

Delve more deeply and you could end up defining elements of a fellow nation's armed forces.

3. TangoWhisky

TangoWhisky Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    At the NATO engages event yesterday that exact point was made about events in Eastern Europe. Unfortunately I can't remember which session it was made in, and the recording of the event is over 9hrs long!

My Uni department were helping behind the scenes and so I was fortunate enough to see almost all of the event. If people are at all interested in understanding NATO better, I highly recommend watching some of the sessions. They are all very interesting and had some very high profile speakers.

https://nato-engages.org/london-2019/

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019