natural protein shakes??

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
i have heard alot of people saying artificial supplemets arent really ideal for potential recruits. i have looked up some natural protein shake recipes, just wondering if anyone here uses there own recipes, do they work and if so could you share with me?
cheers fellas

S

stokey_14

What is natural? Frankly most good Whey protein shakes will be perfectly healthy, it is after found in milk, chicken etc this is just a dehydrated powder form perhaps with flavourings (though you can by unflavoured )

I don?t see how a fast absorbing, cheep/easy protein source is anything but good for a Potential Marine.

Hemp protein powder might also be something you may want to look into if you are wanting an organic natural diet.

Unless your diet is spot on, no junk, no additives etc I wouldn?t fret over a whey powder.

Stokey

Rob20

Reaction score
*text deleted** heard people say that if you take the powders before training your body will struggle to function at thta level once you stop taking them, because you cant take them in RT
and by natural, i have heard one recipe which is like milk, oatmeal powder and banana all whizzed up etc

Jbc

Royal Marines Commando -Moderator
Reaction score
*text deleted** heard people say that if you take the powders before training your body will struggle to function at thta level once you stop taking them, because you cant take them in RT
and by natural, i have heard one recipe which is like milk, oatmeal powder and banana all whizzed up etc
The only protein you'd get from a shake like that would be from the milk. Oats are for carbs, banana for sugars and potassium which helps recovery and lactic acid build-up. Ergo, forgo shakes and eat a Well-balanced diet.

Rob20

Reaction score
okay. fairdoos cheers

S

stokey_14

Rubbish, your body doesn?t have withdrawals or become dependent on Whey just like it doesn?t become dependent on tuna, chicken, eggs etc

Protein is a nutrient and like any nutrient there are varying qualities of sources that will react for better or worse in people. It isn?t a drug however, dependency?s isn?t build up.

Take it away and replace it with solid food (which will happen at CTC) and you will seen no change.

As I said it?s dehydrated milk powder, so if you drink milk you in a round about way use whey protein already and have done since child hood.

My take on it is use shakes if you are looking to save money, need them for easy of use or even just fancy them as a varied source of protein.

As JBC states a solid diet is what is needed regardless of goals. I personally believe shakes can if the user wishes be used as a part of this.

Natural doesn?t mean healthy or unhealthy lots of drugs (Cannabis, Coca, Opium, Mescaline etc) are all totally natural but you wont find them as a staple in an athletes diet.

Stokey

MacheteMeetsBiscuit

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
The below recipe is gorgeous, especially as a breakfast on the sunny summer mornings! Practically lived off it during exams last summer:

-400ml skimmed milk 12g protein
-2 tspns organic peanut butter 3g protein + good fats
-1 medium banana Good for carbs, potassium etc
-light drizzle of honey Tasty + multiple health benefits
-small handful (frozen & defrosted) blueberries No protein BUT proven to assist in muscle recovery

GingerjoeRM

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
The below recipe is gorgeous, especially as a breakfast on the sunny summer mornings! Practically lived off it during exams last summer:

-400ml skimmed milk 12g protein
-2 tspns organic peanut butter 3g protein + good fats
-1 medium banana Good for carbs, potassium etc
-light drizzle of honey Tasty + multiple health benefits
-small handful (frozen & defrosted) blueberries No protein BUT proven to assist in muscle recovery
90g of Alpen, that's two servings
300ml of milk
2 scoops of whey

78g carbs, 61g protein, 8-10g of fat

Breakfast of a champ

S

stokey_14

90g of Alpen, that's two servings
300ml of milk
2 scoops of whey

78g carbs, 61g protein, 8-10g of fat

Breakfast of a champ

For me, if I was to have a shake to replace a meal I?d go for

1.5 scoops of whey (choc)
table spoon of cocoa nibs
2 table spoons of flax seeds
1.5 table spoons of peanut or almond butter
Ice
Water

I might chuck a banana in there with a little honey if I wanted some carbs?

However for my Breakfast it has to be solid

3-4 egg omelette (with a mixture of cheese, spinach, tomato/salsa, various peppers and spices)

Bowl of fruit (anything I fancy/ is in)

water + fish oil supps

:dinner:

Stokey