Navy Seals Workout

chrystal19

Reaction score
I posted this in a thread below but feel it should be in a new one:

Has anyone any info on how well Navy Seal Workouts are for improving fitness and muscle endurance? I think I'm going to start tomorow.

Seems to make sense as they're highly rated, specific to the marines due to the similiar nature of the Royal Marines and Navy Seals, and are basically all the training techniques we do anyway but structured into a tried and tested method.

Only problem is there is no HIIT, and I am at different stages in terms of the cardio and the bodyweight exercises.

Any thoughts?

http://www.baseops.net/basictraining/navyseals/warningorder.html

chrystal19

Reaction score
I don't think this needs an answer...:doh:
Personally I think that people who aren't willing to help each other, would prefer to post deconstructive replies rather than informative ones, especially when they have advance knowledge of what a PRMC is like, have no place on this forum.

lewdog29

Reaction score
If you're interested in Navy Seal workouts try get a hold of "The Complete Guide to Navy Seal Fitness" by Stew Smith. It's an excellent training book..

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
HIIT contrary to popular belief, doesn't actually work for everybody.

Lovely thing humanity, we're all different and respond to different forms of exercise.

Then again:

4 mile timed run 32 min.

Go yanks...

chrystal19

Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking I could do with a break from it too, I've been doing it ages and it is quite demoralizing as well.

Another problem is that my running is good so I'd do the most advanced stage, which is (5) 6 mile runs per week. This wouldn't improve my running would it?

Aron19920

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hello here is one of the training methods -

get two kettlebells(Dumbells)at a moderate weight

In the other side of the room have a heavybag up

for 2 minutes do shoulder presses until exhausted then after two minutes hop over to the heavybag and continuosly punch it for 1 minute,and repeat 4 -5 times

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Why the Navy seals???

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking I could do with a break from it too, I've been doing it ages and it is quite demoralizing as well.

Another problem is that my running is good so I'd do the most advanced stage, which is (5) 6 mile runs per week. This wouldn't improve my running would it?
All running will improve running, it's the only way to get better at it.
But it depends what you do now, always worth a go isnt it?

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
You can get weights that you strap to your arms for £3-4 at decathlon, they make it a bit harder and tone your arms up a bit. (Y)

:sailor:

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
heres an idea, what about the royal marines workout for a base, and tailor it to your needs......