Need a bike!

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Anybody got any ideas for a 125cc or 250cc bike under £3000????

*text deleted* looked at the derbi terra 125 (i like adventure bikes) and the yamaha YFZ-R125.

anybody know any more???:women:

Sam1

Reaction score
How much would a newish one cost, usually around £3000 bit over??? i was going to get an RS5o before i decided to gte a scooter instead *text deleted*

:fight:

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
try some 2nd hand stuff u can get soem good deals on second hand bikes

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
yeah man i'd go second hand most 125s for £3k are about a year or so old and in good knick, as most people that own them have passed their CBT and are waiting to do the full licence

Sam1

Reaction score
orite cheers lads (Y)

let me try and get this right....

at 16 u take CBT,
then at 17 u take the full CBT and can ride a 125 with L plates
then u can take A or A1 ????

:notes:

Gixer600Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
GSXR-600, oh yeah baby! Get the yamaha if i was you, looks nice, sounds like a crate though. How old are you? DO NOT GET A BLOODY APPRILIA!

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
don't want to be be rude mate but it's all on the link of my last post.
just do your CBT, by it's definition you dont get to choose. the only choice comes in when you're older

Gixer600Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
TO SAM!...well i think put politley, your bolloxed...because end of july the test is changing which means more expensive, harder and MORE engine restrictions once you've passed (if you do). Sorry for the bad news, at least the Yamaha looks damn fine, and as for Aprillia's...there *text deleted**text deleted* build quality if you dont look after them (engine rebuilds are not uncommon every 10,000 miles if your lucky) other than that they handle pretty well, but thats it.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Do your DAS, and get a 600 buy the restrictor kit.

Simple as, back when i did a bike test there was nothing like this.

RS250's a good bikes, get a good one for around £3000 or a SRAD 600 if you do your DAS.

Failing that, just buy a track bike and do loads of track days. No licence required.....just a ACU.

Rossi is a professional......*text deleted**text deleted* happens, Casey is just a better rider.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
stacka: think he's too young for DAS mate.
what's this about licence changing end of july? (need to re-take mine- was a bit naughty on the old speeding front) had booked test for august-might re-schedule!

Gixer600Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah do it ASAP if you can, you can find information on it everywhere (google, MCN etc)

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
TO SAM!...well i think put politley, your bolloxed...because end of july the test is changing which means more expensive, harder and MORE engine restrictions once you've passed (if you do). Sorry for the bad news, at least the Yamaha looks damn fine, and as for Aprillia's...there *text deleted**text deleted* build quality if you dont look after them (engine rebuilds are not uncommon every 10,000 miles if your lucky) other than that they handle pretty well, but thats it.

Correction end of October.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
No hes not - Direct Acccess is at 17.

if you read it through it's not mate- you can't DAS until you're 21, that's why it's called DIRECT access. see direct access section

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/LearnerAndNewDrivers/LearningToDriveOrRide/DG_4022661

Its changed since *text deleted* done it, i did it when i was 17 years back. I stand corrected. I think it should be much harder to get a A or A1 licence any how. I see so many *text deleted**text deleted* heads on the road with bikes way to powerfull than their ability.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* i agree with you, though to be honest i think born again bikers are the worst, absolutely no slow speed control, no life savers etc, filtering at 70mph and then i get banned for speeding on an open motorway at 3 in the morning....
that being said they should have the same sort of system for cars...

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
*text deleted* i agree with you, though to be honest i think born again bikers are the worst, absolutely no slow speed control, no life savers etc, filtering at 70mph and then i get banned for speeding on an open motorway at 3 in the morning....

I wouldnt worry i got done at 136mph.....8 month ban. And potenially losing my FIM licence. If they had caught me earlier i was doing 160ish

I wouldnt say born again Riders more so than kids.....maybe its the attitude of riders. I spent alot of time training at track schools with the Bike Safe Team (people who attended 2 road courses were allowed to attend the track day) and the attitude is astonishing, all people give a *text deleted**text deleted* about is saying there fast rather than trying to be.

Latest posts

New Threads