Need some help with my CV

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I need help with making a CV good, could you guys please give me some pointers. I don't really know what a good CV looks like as I've never really used one, I've always got jobs through people I know.

Name

Address

Phone Number

D.O.B

Education

Previous Work

Is that how it should look ? For previous work, should I write down how long I worked there for and job role ? Is there anything else that can get me brownie points. I'm applying for a job at Aldi aswell, £9 an hour, pretty good me thinks.

Basically, I don't really know what it should look like, anyone have a cv i could basically copy :P.

Also it says add a covering letter aswell, what is one of these ?

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted*, sorry cant help much, but at first I thought WTF is this kid on about. Thinking you meant CV as in cardiovascular, honestly I was thinking wtf do you mean, make a cardiovascular look good *text deleted*.

Previous experiences, what you feel has given you good qualitites and why. Im sure if you google you will get an example CV.
I expect a covering letter would be like.

Dear Sir/Madam

Please find enclosed my Curriculum Vitae for application to the post of ....

Something like that mate.

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I've just been reading what you've said and I'm here thinking what the *text deleted**text deleted* is a Curriculum Vitae , duh haha, I'm *text deleted**text deleted*in stupid.

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I was never good with CV's myself, which is probably why I haven't had much luck with jobs.

But you can download a very good and professional CV template here. It was designed by a guy in the Army. Read this thread on Arrse for some good tips on CV writing. There is also a very good covering letter template in there.

The only problem for me is you need a bit of work experience to pad it out and some working achievements, where I have none, so you need to tailor it.

Good luck.

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I jsut found this , so if i just change a few details I'm *text deleted* look pretty good. I've fugded a few things on my CV, but people don't really check do they ?

Sam Sample
123 Street
(573) 555-5555
sam.sample@mizzou.edu

<Current date>

Mr. Matt Smith
Company name
Company address
St. Louis , MO 63141

Dear Mr. Smith:

I am writing in response to your announcement for the position of Sales Management Associate which is posted on the University of Missouri’s College of Business eRecruiting web site. I was excited to see your advertisement because qualities such as strong leadership and interpersonal skills needed for this position go well with my background and experience in marketing.

I will complete my Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree with a Marketing emphasis from the University of Missouri in May, and I am interested in obtaining employment in the <City area>.

I look forward to discussing my qualifications and interest in working for <Company name>. I will contact you next week to confirm that you have received my credentials. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at 555-555-5555. I look forward to speaking with you.

Sincerely,

Sam Sample

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
if you PM me your email add i'll send you my CV and covering letter i've just used, template it if you like.