need some help

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i cant find the answers to these questions an my interview is on monday so any help would be appreciated

14. What is the minimum amount of time you have to serve as a Royal Marine?

15. Where in the world are the Royal Marines currently serving?

17. How many weeks training do you undergo to become a Royal Marine?

18. If on completion of training, you are given a trade or branch you do not want, what is the minimum compulsory time you have to serve in that branch.

21. What is their role in regards to the Royal Marines?

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i cant find the answers to these questions an my interview is on monday so any help would be appreciated

14. What is the minimum amount of time you have to serve as a Royal Marine?

15. Where in the world are the Royal Marines currently serving?

17. How many weeks training do you undergo to become a Royal Marine?

18. If on completion of training, you are given a trade or branch you do not want, what is the minimum compulsory time you have to serve in that branch.

21. What is their role in regards to the Royal Marines?
Everything you want to know is on the Royal Marines Official website, Very easy to find also saves time for people to post.

http://www.royalmarines.mod.uk/server/show/nav.6912#faq19

If I change my mind, how quickly can I leave?

Normally you cannot leave during the first four weeks (unless you are under 18) but then at anytime up to the first six months after giving 7 days' notice. After six months you will be required to serve a minimum of 3½ years from the end of initial training or the age of 18, whichever is the later.

How long is the training?

Recruit training lasts 9 months. Young Officer training lasts 15 months. If you get injured or become ill training may take slightly longer. Although this seems a long time it goes extremely quickly and once you have earned your coverted Green Beret you are ready to deploy with your Unit anywhere in the world.

Who are the Royal Marines?

The Royal Marines are the UK's 'go anywhere' amphibious forces and a key component of the UK's Rapid Reaction Force. As such, they are required to be trained to work in different terrains and environments, from the cold, mountainous conditions in Northern Europe, to the hot arid regions of the Middle East and Africa and to the dense tropical jungles of the Far East.

Hope this helps mate, Someone will most probably answer all your questions too!..

Sam

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
is it just afghanistan marine r serving or are they somewhere else aswell

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
an the training has it been changed to 36 weeks yet or is it still 32

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score