Need some motivation lads! please help

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all

pretty confused *text deleted*, 13 months ago right up to almost 3 months ago!

my life consisted of training, eating and sleeping. i was in every weekend
and play my xbox just for the fact of keeping fit!

and now.. i have a GF! i've met so many new people. I'm out all the time!

i've had this before when i used to play football 'not the same situation' but i was a good player, but i decided to hang about instead of carrying that on!

i'm really really really confused! because i love my gf! and i also love the idea of being in the CORE!! OH RAH!

so please lads, whats *text deleted* views on this? shull i wait a little longer, train abit more and have a really good think about it? or am i just going through a stage?

any comments positive or negative truely appreciated

MasoN

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You highlighted the reason why im not bothering with women until i have done my training.

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted*, yep! they do you in big time.

i was soo keen to be a royal marine commando! i've slightly gone down hill a bit.

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just a quikie!

during 32 week training, when and for how long do you get to go back home to see your mates etc?

also has anyone here been in a commando unit so far away from home?
whats it been like keeping in touch with mates back from home

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If you've read my past posts, you'll see my ex girlfriend dropped me on my ass while I waited 3 months for her on her military course. I have a hate on for women at the moment *text deleted*.

The best advice I can give you is this. Follow YOUR dream. Do what YOU *text deleted* do, and what you've always wanted to do. You'll meet plenty of people around the world in the Marines, and will have a better understanding of yourself, and what you want. If you like her that much, and she likes you, great, she would still be there when you come back right ?.

Don't stay because of a girl mate. You'll kick your ass later if you both break up. I find a lot of girls get a kick in regards to changing a guys mind and making them stay for them. Then, they kick you out soon as they want.

So in short, do what YOU want. If a girl can come into your life and change your whole outlook on joining the Marines, perhaps you never wanted it bad enough.

rogue royal

Royal Marine Commando
Reaction score
dont worry about your mates back at home they will still be sat in the same pubs talking about the same things when you return, you will be able to tell them all about your new mates real mates that will do anything for you.

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
Ty said:
I
So in short, do what YOU want. If a girl can come into your life and change your whole outlook on joining the Marines, perhaps you never wanted it bad enough.

Thats probably the best quote ive heard on this subject-hit the nail right on the head.

Adam

paddlequack

Reaction score
RM is basically a start to a BRAND NEW LIFE... it's either your old life or a brand new one..

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
JK, honestly bud if I were you having this many doubts now, the truth is it's best to knock the application on the head.

I'm saying this because it's not just my aim to try and help people get in the corp, but helping people as individuals as well. From what you've said on here over the last few weeks, it doesn't seem like it's for you. If you manage to get past your prmc and get into training, unless you seriously want it and can turn off your home life. You'll be out of there so fast that the train driver will remember dropping you off.

Be true to yourself JK and have a few years away and see later on if you have the desire to join without any doubts. There isn't any shame in not wanting something.

Sometimes the biggest fight is to admit something to yourself.

All the best

GW

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
appreciate the comments!

It's just been so long now, i wanted the marines so much!

i really don't know what to do anymore.

I'm having a good think about it.. if not now then hopefully in the future.

anyway, thanks again for all the comments.