Need to be 18 to buy Maccy D's!??

Grimmey

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Whats all this nonsense about you need to be 18 to buy a fat donalds in the UK from now on? Anyone else hear this???:dontaskme:

Kentish

Reaction score
Yeah heard this, not sure how true it is... Any Mack Shack workers that are in the know?

OneMoreWrap

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I saw this,

Cheeseburger and chocolate shake please,
Got ID mate?

Ahhh sake!!

S

stokey_14

Could be an April fools joke.

In March?

In fairness the less people eating Maccys the better, horrid stuff and a disgrace to meat.

Sadly I can?t see it being true/ more than a publicity stunt.

Stokey

DPS

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
In March?

In fairness the less people eating Maccys the better, horrid stuff and a disgrace to meat.

Sadly I can?t see it being true/ more than a publicity stunt.

Stokey
Imagine how many people they'll pull in by sending this viral. People who rarely touch the stuff will be going along to see if it's true. Which it won't be.

Grimmey

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I couldn't possibly see any reason for this being true? McDonald trying to do their bit to combat childhood obesity? Like they try to be as healthy as they can (with their salads that contain as much fat as a big mac:laugh:)

As for Business, alot of their income must come from kids. For example mac donalds near where i live has like 3 schools situated around it in 3 directions. Kids come down after school or on half days etc

Also think of poor ronald!! he would be out of a job:cry:

Im not bothered either way, as far as im concerned mac donalds is way overrated! The boxes the burger come in taste better than the actual burgers themselves...:dinner:

Utopia

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
God bless living on an island with no fast-food outlets! I think I've had the grand total of three (maybe four) Maccy D's in my life and I think that's quite sufficient for the remainder of it!

alex18

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.truelad.com/Banter/329087

Bored on my night shift at work (McDonaldsLAD) and decide to type out on official looking document that says that McDonald's are stopping serving food to under-18s to prevent childhood obesity etc. Wake up the next day to find the 'news' has spread like wildfire and that my Facebook friends all believe it, with people from different towns also believing it. BanterLAD

Jbc

Royal Marines Commando -Moderator
Reaction score
All fast food restaurants should be fitted with a treadmill from door to counter. If you can't make it to the counter you don't deserve one anyway!

Kentish

Reaction score
All fast food restaurants should be fitted with a treadmill from door to counter. If you can't make it to the counter you don't deserve one anyway!
This is literally the only way we can implement "Survival of the Fittest".

Those too fat wouldn't go to the length of cooking for themselves anyway, thus would starve.

JamieC

Reaction score
Haven't seen it myself, but a girl posted a picture she took of a notice on a maccies door on facebook. So seems true? Government legislation apparently.

Stoo2k

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Can not see it being true. Employees of MacDonald's are more often than not under 18 years old! Also for breaks they allow you to have a standard meal off the menu as part of your working allowance (i used to work for them years ago)

RMC WATKINS

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It's a hoax, stop being so gullible. Do you really think Mcdonalds would stop serving under 18's, it's stupid and illogical. I would say a large amount of their customers are under 18. Also the government would not do that, it is down to the parents of the child to decide whether their child should have it or not.

RMC WATKINS

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Recent News:

It is confirmed. You have to be a 18 to order at Mcdonalds now, and there only going to sell one type of burger, It's called the Mcgullible.

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I'm more than a little embarressed to admit that I work part time at fatdonalds and I've not heard anything about this
I don't imagine it's true tough, most the profit comes from kids