need to get fit REAL fast

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
alright guys, passed my pyscho today and the guy afterwards said to me that we do a PJFT/Aquatance day and if i dont do well he wont put me through to PRMC and im sh!ting it because i can only do 20 pressups and 50 situps pushing it and my 1.5 is only 9:40 and i havnt even tried the 3 miler yet! and this day is going to be in 6 weeks... so! how can i get ready for PRMC stage by then ???? please help lads im brickin it and i CANT fail i dont want to do A-levels :(:(:(

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
work out mate my roughly day when i was training for the marine would be :
3mile run
1.5 mile run best effort ( straight after the 3 miler)
5 x ?? press ups (whatever you can do make sure it really burns)
4 x 50 sit ups
4 x 20 leg raises
4 x 30 tricep dips
6 x ? pull ups make sure you can feel it in your back muscles
4 x 25 bicep curls 20 kg weight

and that would be it really and i passed the prmc pretty easily not being big headed
but it should come mate and you might be able to get ups to 35-40 press ups in that time
and about 60 sit ups if you work hard you should be ok mate good luck

matthewwookie

Reaction score
Hello mate,

I know how you feel. I slacked off loads over christmas and my RMR selection date got moved forward so I'm *text deleted**text deleted*ting it as well. Our PTI from holding troop gave us a few pointers so I'll pass them on here for you -

When training pushups and situps, do three or four sets and do the final set to failure. So with pushups say do 15, 20, 25 and then your max effort. Same with situps, pushups and burpees.....have a rest day and then do it again.

With the running, you ideally need to build your stamina, not just for the 3 miler but for the bottom field and assult course. A good way of doing this is long runs. Don't set a distance but run for say 40 minutes, then the next week do a 45 min run.....in between do a 3.5 miler and maybe a 4 miler. Try and give yourself at least two rest days a week though. You improve more when you rest.

My schedule looks like this -

Monday - 4 miles
Tuesday - Holding troop (mixed bag of exercise)
Wednesday Rest Day
Thursday - 5 miles
Friday - Interval training, I live near a track so I do 400m max effort, 400 slow jog x 5 (at the moment)
Saturday 3.5 miles
Sunday Rest Day

With the pushups etc, I do Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and have the rest of the days as recovery....

Some people will probably disagree with me, some might agree.....I guess its what works best for you. I've found my times improve quite a bit from doing this. Good Luck

Matt

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
so this will get me ready in 6 weeks???

Dodger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
you dont have to do a three miler on your PJFT do you mate?

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yeah but im doin aquaitance we have to do it on that

LukeJillings

Reaction score
i went for my acquaintance today and i failed my running but passed everything els. am phoning up tomorrow to see what they say next and ill tell you what they said pal.

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
nice one luke, hows things anyway all good? hows *text deleted* trainin

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Woah....im really confused now! What the hell is the Acquaintance day? For the PJFT don't you just have to run 2.4km in 10 min 0 seconds and thats it?

isn't this the correct order?

Applitude
Interview
Medical
PJFT
PRMC

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
kinda but some AFCOS like you to go on there aquataince day so you know what *text deleted* getting into and dont embaress urself down lympstone :)

Olliemills

Reaction score
This acquaintance day sounds like a really good idea, i wish i could have done one to see how i would get on, as i've got my prmc in 19 days!