need urgent help people!

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
elo lads, i run about just over 5 miles and thats about 4 times a week and sometimes 5 but i realised that i wernt running fast enough to complete 3 miles in 22 minutes or even just 1.5 miles in 10 minutes so now i run as fast as i can untill i cant go on, i useally go on for about 3 miles and i realy need help on it, would you consider i run 5 times a week or even every day ??
and does it matter what trainers you are wearing because mine are *text deleted* sh*t i no that i will be able to do my 6 mile runs in a fast time in about 3 weeks because im only getting better but i just need some tips because i realy need to pass my prmc and if i fail then ill be so gutted because joining the marines means so much to me!

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Try and do some sprints to increase speed. I wouldn't recommend running more than 5 times a week.

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think you need to rest more mate.. and yeah get some running trainers, they made a giant difference to my running.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
dont run every day, run 5 times a week. also incorperate sprint training and fartleg/interval training. you dont have to have a great pair of trainers but a really good pair will cost you about £55+ and you will have to buy new ones every 5 months.

but i heard somewhere ages ago, that short fast runs are more benificial to your fitness and will get you fitter faster than if you do long distance runs. i do about 4 miles every time i go for a run, do something like have a 1 mile warm up and jog at a 10 min mile pace, its really slow i know but doing that is a good warm up then go at the pace you would normally go at for completing a 3 miler

oh and do 1 long distance run a week, 6+ miles, id say about 8 or 9.

Latest posts

New Threads