Never used a tredmill

Nintendouche

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Alright lads,

Are tredmills easy to get used to since i am a pure 100% road runner and never even stepped on a tredmill, i see them at the gym everyday and yet not got on one and tried it out.

My main fear is decking it and making a complete :flushed: out myself.

When i run on the roads i run about 6 miles, will it be easier or harder on a tredmill.

Also, what speed should i take it at, on a 6 mile run i normally average a 7 minutish mile?

mega confuzzled please help.

Ciao

Rob 1984

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi mate,

Firstly i live just down the road from you in Hyde. Usually people say it is easier running on a tredmill because you have a nice even surface, and you dont have to contend with things like the weather. I dont think it will matter to you because you must be pretty fit if you are keeping that pace for 6 mile runs.

hobbsy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Get get on and go mate, its easier to find out that way really. You should find it easier, most people do (i dont for some reason). Just set the speed on 10km/h + (14 + would be better though), and the gradient at 2% at least, and just run. You wont fall off *text deleted*.

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i find it easyier, ive just started road running properly and find it lot harder

get on, its easy!! *text deleted*