New Bike . . . .

JMC

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Alright lads,

Last week my housemate managed to drive over my bike, now looks like a bowl of spagetti.

Insurance and excess now sorted I need a new one so:

WANTED:

Road race bike, TT/Tri bike also considered.

Something like,

Cannondale Caad 8/9/10, Specialized Allez Elite, Bianchi Via Nirone 7 sort of thing is what I am looking for, but if anyone has a Planet X and doesn't want it let me know!!

Spec:
Something like 501 Chainset
Carbon Forks
Ally Frame (unless TT/Tri)

If anyone is looking to sell one PM me please!!!

Ross154

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Last week my housemate managed to drive over my bike, now looks like a bowl of spagetti.
Is your housemate female? Shouldn't have left your bike in the hall then should you :women:

JMC

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Is your housemate female? Shouldn't have left your bike in the hall then should you :women:
:uglyhammer:

Haha no suprisingly not. He is a absolute wet blanket though by anyone's standards.

Can't drive though, payed my insurance excess in cash the next day though so can't complain.

DPS

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Specialized Allez Sport Compact. No complaints so would recommend. Not got much knowledge on the others though :amuse:

I think you're housemate is lucky, in that you appear to have taken it quite well. Autoglass would have had some amusement removing a bike from the windscreen if it was me... :mad:

JMC

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Specialized Allez Sport Compact. No complaints so would recommend. Not got much knowledge on the others though :amuse:

I think you're housemate is lucky, in that you appear to have taken it quite well. Autoglass would have had some amusement removing a bike from the windscreen if it was me... :mad:
I have ridden my mates Allez Elite wich is nice. I do like a stiff frame . . . haha :wink: Before I had a Bianchi wich was nice but too flexible. Cheers for the heads up.

I am taking it well for 2 reasons. First, I wasn't on the bike at the time, had just come back and left it by the outside tap to wash it off as I changed and my mate went off down the drive at Mach 3 not seeing it. Secondly the frame broke and went straight through the ?200 tyre on his Audi. . . . . . . small consolation

JMC

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Bump!

Anyone with a bike for me? :worried:

Illustrious

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Have you had a look at Canyon bikes? Their spec is hoofin' for the price points.

JMC

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Have you had a look at Canyon bikes? Their spec is hoofin' for the price points.
Cheers, no I hadn't. But will now.

Might have found a Cube on ebay that fits the bill. . . . . .