New Bod

Grimesy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all, ive been looking at the site for the past week before registering and id just like to say what a good set up i think it is. Ive found it really informative and everybody sounds like a good buch of lads.

quick question if anyone can help, ive got my initial appointment at afco luton next wed morn and i know im going to be asked if i want to take things further which is def what i want to do. problem is im still a little unsure whether i want to go in the regs or the ressies. im currently living in my own place with my fiance and allthogh she has given me her blessing to go with the regs, i would feel a bit selfish if i just pissed off and left her.

what i want to know is, should i make my decision before i go to afco or is there a possibility i can chat with an advisor and then contact them saying i want to take things further after ive had a day to sleep on it. i ont want to hold up my application any more.

thanks guys

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hiya, welcome to forum!

Im positive that the AFCO will have no problem with letting you speak to an advisor and going away to make a decision, its their job. Go have a chat with an advisor and go home think about it and speak with your fiancé before making a definite decision about anything. Best of luck to you in your decision and hope to see you around the forum.

Chris.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Hi Mate

Welcome to the site, and wouldn't worry too much about your question regarding RM or RMR. A lot of people have been through the same question of trying to decide.

I don't know the Guys at Luton AFCO but I do know the guys in general that work at the AFCO's and they are very understanding of people not being sure which is best for them. They'll be able to talk to you about your options regarding the down sides and upsides to both paths.

Best thing I can say is just be honest with them. From my experience gone are the days when they try and handcuff you in the office sign you up there and then. They know that you can opt out in the first 20 weeks, so believe me it's not in their interest to bully you into anything that isn't right for you.

But there are guys on here also that have had the same dilemma and I'm sure they be along shortly to help out.

All the best
GW

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hiya Grimesy,

Welcome to the site fella. Just to say the answers above are absolutely spot on. There's no obligation to join, so go and have a chat with the people who are trained to advise - that's their job & you won't be disappointed with Luton AFCO.

Grimesy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
thanks for the replys guys, im looking forward to taking the first step.

im def getting that green beret, just need to decide on how im going to go about it *text deleted*.

will post how i get on.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hiya Grimesy,

Welcome to the site fella. Just to say the answers above are absolutely spot on. There's no obligation to join, so go and have a chat with the people who are trained to advise - that's their job & you won't be disappointed with Luton AFCO.
.. Which AFCO do you work at Ninja?