New changes to PJFT?!

simborandy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Spoke to the Careers Office last week, and they said that as of October 2008, the PJFT is changing format from the current 1.5 mile best effort, to 3 miles where the first 1.5 miles has to be run in 12min 30 sec, and the second 1.5 miles is a best effort with cut off time of 10 min (I think...). Apparently they're trying to better recreate what we'll get at PRMC.

Anyone else heard anything?

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Spoke to the Careers Office last week, and they said that as of October 2008, the PJFT is changing format from the current 1.5 mile best effort, to 3 miles where the first 1.5 miles has to be run in 12min 30 sec, and the second 1.5 miles is a best effort with cut off time of 10 min (I think...). Apparently they're trying to better recreate what we'll get at PRMC.

Anyone else heard anything?

Yeah its changed.

Im well gutted, its just like the PRMC *text deleted* without the gym assessment and the 3 days.

Ah well Im sure its for the best.

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've just been told today that its been put back.

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You probably should have passed your first PJFT. Nobody's perfect *text deleted*.

how gutted would you be if you failed yours now *text deleted*.

seriously though, i dont know how you even managed to sign up to this site with your eyes open and not see countless threads and stickies about the new PJFT.

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You probably should have passed your first PJFT. Nobody's perfect *text deleted*.
Hah, good one. I didn't pass mine the first time because I had severe tonsillitis and bronchitis. The day after I passed my medical I got it, had it for 5 weeks.