New flashes?

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Just off the old dog and bone with a mate, and there’s rumours of new flashes and subsequent phots are going around....

Any confirmation on this? And please don’t let it be true for the ones I’ve seen, they look @&£;ing horrendous.

SCOTTY6

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Are you referring to the ones doing the rounds today, rectangular black and red Velcro ones with the green ensign?

yeah not a massive fan.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Are you referring to the ones doing the rounds today, rectangular black and red Velcro ones with the green ensign?

yeah not a massive fan.
Yes, with the godawful stupid flag. Aye cheers for consulting the lads.

It looks like an utter dogs abortion.

The old red and black flashes looked badass on the JWH. But the green ones always looked miles better. And yet still with stupid velcro and shoulder pockets!

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I've seen the phots and agree the flashes look awful but at least the rig itself looks to be heading in the right direction.

corvus

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Any chance of phot of the updated design? Where've they been seen?

HEF_RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What changes are being made to the uniform/rig? Cheers :)

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Exactly, if you need a Union Flag on it, Have a normal subdued one. Like lads already buy anyway.
Where’s the Commando dagger? Where’s the green flashes?

And why still so much damn velcro and shoulder pockets!

Who designs this? Do lads on the ground actually have any say about it, or is it some Matelot caviar munching Officer with an Art degree chewing on crayons?

Lawman

Reaction score
The Velcro sucks, surely it would be wayyy better to sew the flashes on?

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score
Just on the topic of this makeover. Are C8s being rolled out to all Cdo units now?

I recall reading that C8s handle frangible rounds better. Apparently for ship operations the use of 5.56 frangible is to minimise the ricochet risk. Apparently the SA80 family doesn't like frangible rounds.

D

dodgyknees

I suspect the use of the wierd white ensign design is part of the Navy's current drive to matelot-ise the RM. The new badges are a bit of a shame as the rest of the new kit actually looks pretty good. Much more like the SF Crye kit than that used by the Army.