New 'Get Fit to Apply' - Interactive LiveChat - RM PTI's

Robbie5

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Facebook: Royal Marines Training Tool

Has anyone else seen the Royal Marines Training Tool on Facebook? I think it looks pretty good, however the description of the PRMC looks like the old one, no endurance course or 4 mile run back to camp. Does this mean the PRMC has changed, or have they got it wrong?

Anthony_H

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score

Anthony_H

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
This new ones not working for me ether.

I get

Server Error
401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Is the tool running again, everytime I try to use it it's a broken link.
So far as I'm aware it's sorted: http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/custom/navy/trainingtool.html

Appreciate it's been a bit off/on recently & I was told the training tool was launching on Facebook, but I couldn't see it when I had a brief perusal earlier this afternoon, so it's still being tweaked.

Overseas applicants seem to be having difficulty downloading the training tool.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
What time zone sorry?
UK is currently GMT+1 or BST

I understand there are software snags accessing the "Get Fit to Apply" application for overseas applicants.

I'm guessing you actually need a postcode to enter if overseas - I'll forward the query to marketing to see if there's a solution, in the meantime try London AFCO postcode: WC1N 1NP

JMC

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Could they not have organised this on a weekend? I would imagine most, like me, are in full time work. It's not going to be appriciated/allowed for me to be on Facebook in the middle of a working day!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Could they not have organised this on a weekend? I would imagine most, like me, are in full time work. It's not going to be appriciated/allowed for me to be on Facebook in the middle of a working day!
What, a PTI working out of hours? :eek:

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Does it mean that perhaps the target audience is different?
Thinking about it, the Livechat is during the Easter Hols so it may well be geared toward those in education rather than employment .

From my forays onto Facebook I note the age demographic is nearer 14-15 as compared to nearer 18/19 on here.

WelshLad91

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Thinking about it, the Livechat is during the Easter Hols so it may well be geared toward those in education rather than employment .

From my forays onto Facebook I note the age demographic is nearer 14-15 as compared to nearer 18/19 on here.
PTI's are going to be bombarded with silly questions i can see it already.

JMC

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score

An interesting point! Does that perhaps mean the Corps is looking towards snatching people when they are younger?

PTI's are going to be bombarded with silly questions i can see it already.
Yep, I agree. Could be amusing.

Anyone know if it is going to be stored/shown after for refrence? Will be an interesting read. . . . . . .

Morts

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
The transcript is normally posted up a day or so later

I have a query though, you say it's a 'new' get fit o apply tool, but I can't see anything different from the old one? What has changed?

JMC

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
The challenge is to identify the daftest & post it on this thread.
Hahaha, can you do a "best of" type thread for us? Ask the PTIs to keep an eye out for the funniest?