New guy

Raz3R

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been thinking about joining RMR London for about 9 months now. I'm 22 years old.

I was thinking about RM full time, however other circumstances won't permit and I've worked hard to get the job I'm doing now.

When I was 18, I trained as an officer in the TA from 2003 to 2007 and enjoyed it immensely. I left because I wanted to train as a lawyer overseas. I've had this nagging voice in my head ever since I left the TA urging me to get back into the green stuff. I miss the training, the adventure, and the friends you make.

I want to join the RMR mainly because I feel I will regret it if I don't. I want the ultimate challenge in both mind and body. The daily routine of work, eat, & sleep is pretty boring and I feel I'm wasting away. I'm not content with doing 9 to 5 and sitting in the pub at the weekends like most of my mates. I feel mature now I'm 22 and have a bit more life experience. It's the right time to go for it.

First, I need to get back into some serious training and I'm no where near as fit as I once was. I'm 6ft 2 and about 15 stone - basically a second row frame.

My plan is to train for about 6 months to get my basic level of fitness up and then formally apply around July 09. I might see if I can attend a briefing evening to gain further insight into the RMR in the meantime. Then I plan to attend 'Holding Troop' to aid in my preparation for the PRMC and meet other potential recruits.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and see if anyone else out there is going for RMR London in 2009.

Best,

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to the site & best of luck.

Definitely a good call to join holding troop a good few months before the RMR selection weekend.

Hope all goes well for you.