New Gym

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I went down this new gym near me today to check it out, Anyway my old gym I paid £30 a month and there was all equipment you could want, sauna, spa, swimming pool and steam room.

This new gymn is £12 a week and basically, you go for an hour 3 times a week except you have a personal trainer with you, you book appointments.
This gym seems to have some equipment but it is alot smaller than my old one.

I was talking to the guy and I told him that in 2months I want to be running 3 miles in under 30 minutes and to be able to do a mile and a half in under 10 mins, he reckons he should be able to get me there.

What do you guys think ? I've never had a personal trainer or anything, I assume he will sort me out diets etc.

I'm currently not in very good shape at all, probably worst shape of my life.

Ohh yeah I'm sure you're thinking why don't you go to the old gym, well I'm out of work *text deleted* and you have to sign up for a minimum of 4 months, which is £120 whereas this new one is just down the road and you just pay when you go.

S

Sotiris

Well I think that all the equiment in the world is useless unless you have the motivation and knowlege to use them all.

I train with personal trainers quite frequently and can testify that I have never been so motivated in my whole life. They push you to get results and regularly move you out of your comfort zone.

It's a lot easier for someone to push you then it is for yourself.

Hehe besides it's cheeper!

I'd go with the trainer mate, honestly if he knows what he's doing you'll love it.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
My Gym is also pretty small, But its not about the size of the gym, Its about how you use the equipment etc, I Also do alot of "Free weights" and use the pull up bars alot even tho i have them at home, At the gym i always seem to be able to do more than i can do at home.

I LOVE THE GYM!

Sam

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ROBBIE the gym that u went to isnt called david lloyd by any chance on shady lane?? because im also from birmingham =]

let me know maybe we can train together :)

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
no it's not Blocky, I'm actually from Nuneaton not Brum, shame I don't drive because I would've trained with ya, woulda been cool.

Personal trainers are good motivators huh, sounds good then. I think it sounds good because when I've been to the gym in the past I've never really known what I'm doing :P

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
My gym is tha best. £25 a month, sauna, trainer, friendly people, LOADS of equiptment, 6 giant flat screen tv's with sky sports on, showers, toilets, and last but not least... theres a boxing ring upstairs :P