New/Hayfever

Ben

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm new here, been reading the site for a while so though I'd sign up.

Anyone know where the marines stand on hayfever?

Cheers

Ben

Rob 1984

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi mate,

I have Hayfever and i passed my medical, i think it depends on how bad your Hayfever is though

Ben

Reaction score
I use to have hayfever quite bad as a kid, but in the last few years its been better. Havn't really had it this year.

Rob 1984

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yeh same here mate was bad as a kid but not anymore

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
its only a fail if you have already been diagnosed with it. Just don't mention it in the medical if you get it slightly

Rob 1984

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
its only a fail if you have already been diagnosed with it. Just don't mention it in the medical if you get it slightly

I have been diagnosed with it but my doctor passed me when the AFCO wrote to him regarding my suitability. I think every case is different i know one guy on here failed his medical because of Hayfever.

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I have been diagnosed with it but my doctor passed me when the AFCO wrote to him regarding my suitability. I think every case is different i know one guy on here failed his medical because of Hayfever.

:iagree: yeh i have seen a few people on here that have failed a medical due to hayfever. I get it but it has to be the hottest day of the year and the population of Britain cutting their grass at the same time for me to start sneezing and getting itchy eyes. But since we hace'nt had a belting hot summer for a couple of years im not sure if i still have it. Also i only get it in this country.

I think when you are diagnosed with it then they would think you would have trouble breathing on very hot days as well as eyes itching, so it affects overall performance. Its a pretty crap reason for failing a medical though, because if you started recruit training in the winter then you would'nt have any problems!