New...kind of

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Welcome back, get stuck in.

I’ve heard horror stories of the Emergency services and takeaways, cakes and shift work taking toll on people’s fitness.

Good to have you back, have you considered RMR while in the Police? Would be a tough commitment but not impossible.

sharpe

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
It is the plan to leave on good grounds if/when I choose to come back (I might miss being assaulted everyday by some irreplaceable characters you never know). Hep B jabs and PEPs and court is the dream.

Jokes aside, I definitely want to leave it open for after. Especially if I went to a county force, live the dream life there cruising around doing...not a lot yet still being paid!
What I meant was rm joining the police. I joined a county force 1st and saw and dealt with more horrible stuff than ever dealt with after transferring to a metropolitan force

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
What I meant was rm joining the police. I joined a county force 1st and saw and dealt with more horrible stuff than ever dealt with after transferring to a metropolitan force
Police is still a career path, I served with a couple of lads who are in the Police now. There’s a fair few in the other Emergency services too.

its_meg

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome back, get stuck in.

I’ve heard horror stories of the Emergency services and takeaways, cakes and shift work taking toll on people’s fitness.

Good to have you back, have you considered RMR while in the Police? Would be a tough commitment but not impossible.
I've had to put a blanket ban on any food at work that I've not brought in because its ridiculous. If I forget it and leave it at home, then I have to wait until I get back!

I've definitely considered it and spoken to some reserves (mainly army mind) on my team however it seems to take so long to get it approved unless you join up like that, not sure if its worth the debate considering it took them 14months to get me some replacement shirts...

its_meg

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know anyone that's stuck out counties. Most have transferred to the Met/GMP (unless they are at the family stage!).

Think my plan at the moment is just get really fit again plus more, giving myself options. In my head at the moment the plan is to apply as soon as I'm ready, leave police, join RM then see where life takes me but with joining police back again being an option. I am open to change though! Just not on the fitness part, no matter what that needs to be top for me again

sharpe

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know anyone that's stuck out counties. Most have transferred to the Met/GMP (unless they are at the family stage!).

Think my plan at the moment is just get really fit again plus more, giving myself options. In my head at the moment the plan is to apply as soon as I'm ready, leave police, join RM then see where life takes me but with joining police back again being an option. I am open to change though! Just not on the fitness part, no matter what that needs to be top for me again
I would honestly say that would be the biggest career mistake going. No guarantees for rejoining and you may end up with nothing. If there’s a rm itch to scratch maybe rmr. Plenty of police options give very credible options. Best person for this thread is @Johnny_Anonie

its_meg

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I would honestly say that would be the biggest career mistake going. No guarantees for rejoining and you may end up with nothing. If there’s a rm itch to scratch maybe rmr. Plenty of police options give very credible options. Best person for this thread is @Johnny_Anonie
I joined the Police essentially as my back up option to feed myself and put a roof over my head. I struggle to think of the last shift I enjoyed *shush dont tell them this*.
Even job aside there is a definite...issue regarding a lot of people in the job (I've been on a few teams on mini attachments I fancied trying too). There's a strong not my problem/don't want to do my own job/won't help anyone/rarely will turn up on time/will stab you in the back attitude with a lot of people.

I do have a mate I've met through the job who wants to go RMR for that very reason though. Yet know quite a few who want to go back to forces because of similar reasoning to mine.