new lad

massey92

Reaction score
alright lads am new to the forum, my names haydyn massey but jus call me massey *text deleted*. can somone plz help me how fast i need to be runnin for the pjft??? thanks lads

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
welcome aboard mucker!.

What training you doing at the moment then lad?.

S

Sotiris

Uh oh! Now Rusty's gone and done it!

Welcome to the team Massey.

You need to do your PJFT in under 10 mins. Work on your 6-7 minute mile and you'll be fine.

Good luck.

massey92

Reaction score
aup its massey so aint gt back to ya i forgot my f*text deleted**ing password dope! anyway thanks alot for the advice *text deleted*. when are you goin in if you dont mind me asking? massey

massey92

Reaction score
aup its massey sorry aint gt back to ya i forgot me password dope! the training that ive bin doing is a lot of up hill runing and s*text deleted*t loads of circuit training. you? wb massey

massey92

Reaction score
sorry aint got back to ya *text deleted* i forgot my password dope! if you dont mind i have hay feva but its not all bad and i dont have any treatment at all will that affect me? wb thanx *text deleted*

massey92

Reaction score
bounjour hugh brown *text deleted*. hows you trainin gan got any asvice for us?
what needs improvin?
pull ups 10+
39 press ups in a minute
48 sit ups in a minute
3 miler 27 mins :(

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
ninja stoker said:
 Press-up Test – The duration of the test is 2 minutes, 60 press-ups is your target. The body must be kept straight at all times, the chest will be lowered to meet another candidate’s fist, you must then fully lock out the arms on the upward motion. Your hands will be shoulder width apart and your elbows must be kept into your side. Poor form will result in you being stopped.

 Sit-up Test – Once again the test will last for 2 minutes, 80 sit-ups is your target. Your feet will be held by a partner, your fingers must stay in contact with your temples and your elbows must make contact with the mat on the rearward motion and come up to touch the knees on the upward motion, your knees must be kept together. Poor form will result in you being stopped.

 Pull-up Test – This exercise will be carried out on a wooden beam, 6 pull-ups is your target. You will adopt an “overhand grasp” your body will hang straight and then be pulled up until your chin is over the beam. The exercise will be done to the commands of “bend and stretch” - this is to ensure strictness and prevent the use of momentum, you will be told to “drop off” if you do not stay in time.
Those are maximum scores you can achieve work to get as close to them as possible as its unlikely you will achieve your personal best whilst on PRMC.

ninja stoker said:
3 mile run: This is the first physical test of Day 1. The 3 mile run is split into 2 parts. The first 1.5 mile is run as a squad in a time of 12 min 30 sec. The second 1.5 mile is conducted as a best effort timed run - you will be expected to complete this 1.5 mile in as quick a time as you possibly can. Any one taking longer than 10 min 30 sec will fail the course. Remember all physical activities on the PRMC commence with an appropriate warm up - train accordingly.
You should be able to come under the 10min 30sec point on the test on PRMC.

massey92 said:
ne plz help me how fast i need to be runnin for the pjft??? thanks lads

To get a time of 9min 30 sec you will have to run at about 15km/h or 9.4mph

massey92 said:
pull ups 10+
39 press ups in a minute
48 sit ups in a minute
3 miler 27 mins :(
Make sure all your exercises are done with strict form, videos on how to do each one correctly are available on the Royal Marine website

massey92

Reaction score
hay fever

areet its massey in the medical test do they ask about hayfever? i a slight problem but i dont take any treatment for it wb thanks