Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

New member needs help

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by Carpe Diem 20, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Carpe Diem 20

Carpe Diem 20 Ex-RM Commando

App Stage:
    Parent
    Hi, I am an ex Royal Marine, I joined in 1993 in the Devil’s Troop (666) and left in 2000. This week my son started his RT (284 Troop)and it has brought a lot of memories back for me!

I am posting on here as my lad has advised me that I can get updates on his training on this forum. Please can anyone advise me of how I go about this.?

Kind regards

Carpe Diem

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Welcome. You've been added to the Partner & Parent sub-forum so you should now be able to see it. There is a P&P only thread specific to 284 Troop:

https://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/284-troop-8-july-2019.120285/

Plenty of other information and support here too.
    1993, eh? Where did all those years go?

3. sharpe

sharpe Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    hi my son is in this troop too. You’ll get added to the parents and partners sub forum when a mod sees this and that’s where you will find the troop thread.

4. sharpe

sharpe Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Ah chelonian beat my fat fingered typing:)

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  5. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

@Ninja_Stoker beat us both to it by adding Carpe Diem 20 to the P&P sub-forum yesterday. I merely posted a link. :)

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  6. Carpe Diem 20

Carpe Diem 20 Ex-RM Commando

App Stage:
    Parent
    That’s great, thanks for the speedy response and link to the 284 forum Scary how quick time goes, never thought I would have a son in the Corp.

• Like Like x 2
  7. sharpe

sharpe Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    That’s why he’s a ninja

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

If you ever met me, you'd never guess it, my disguise is awesome - "It is I, Leclerc"

Whenever work colleagues discover who I am, a supposed "celebrity" of military forums, they usually gasp in awe. Then burst out laughing. :)

• Hoofin Hoofin x 2
    • Like Like x 1