Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.
  1. BookReader

BookReader New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hi Everyone,
    New Member here,
    I've been reading round on the forum for a while and decided to make an account. I am currently 18 years old finished college and hoping to build my fitness here before applying in a years time.​

I also have a small question which I thought I'd add here, I have 1 case a of self harm (Marks are still visible) less than 3 years ago and I never visited anyone for treatment or medication and was wondering if it would have an effect on the medical, I've been reading other posts on it but could not find clearly whether it was 3 years TMU for treatment or the incident itself. Would it be best to apply and find out once I've built my fitness?

Thanks!

2. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Welcome.
    For clarity, you imply that the incident of self harm is not recorded in your medical records but that visible scarring indicates the incident.
    In such circumstances the liability to disclose remains with you. Just in case someone suggests that you don't mention it during the medical examination element of your application.

But someone better qualified than I will be able to offer definitive guidance. @The guide might comment if he spots this. Best of luck. Let us know how you get on.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  3. BookReader

BookReader New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thanks for the quick reply! I'll keep you updated.