daves

Reaction score
Hello
I am new to the forum but have been following all the advice and information for some time now.
This is since my son has shown real interest in joining The Royal Marines.
Now that he has finished the rigorous joining procedures and starts his training to be a future Royal Marine on the 14th May 2012 I thought I would join for real.
Having completed a full 22 years in the Army ( I know!) I am a very proud father knowing my son is on the way to a very worthwhile and fantastic lifestyle that cannot be beaten by any other job that I know of.
He will make friends for life and learn a whole new experience which will stand him in good stead for the rest of his natural .
I wish him and everyone else who has just started this journey, half way through, finished and serving the very best for the future and good luck.
Things will get tough but if you hang on in there you will be part of a exclusive organisation which cannot be beaten any where in the world.
I will be following the forum foe some time now
Thank you

daves

Illustrious

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
He'll be starting two years, to the day, after I passed out. Good luck to him. Hopefully your army history doesn't rub off on him :laugh: Thankfully my dads didnt. I was always taught incoming rounds have right of way, he forgot that :rolleyes:

S

stokey_14

Welcome.

14th of may? my birthday? clearly a great day!

All the very best to your son and family, sure you?ll find all that you need on this site!

All the best

Stokey