New Old Guy

MI64

Reaction score
Hi Guys

New guy here just wanted to introduce myself
Im 38 and am going for the All Arms Course next year, Been in 15 years.
Trainings going ok.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hiya MI64 welcome to the board, Good to hear your going all arms course, best of luck to you on it!

Mind if i ask why your doing it? Does it open up a new position in the RLC (Royal Logistic Corps)

What position do you have currently in the RLC? Ever drive one of those monstrous Heavy Equipment Transporter's?

MI64

Reaction score
Petroleum Operator by trade.

It doesnt really open up any new avenues within the RLC.You will get posted to Cdo Log Regt and some guys spend the rest of their career there.
As for why Im doing it.............
I tried it in 1993 when I first joined up but didnt have the mental attitude for it
So why now

Well my wife says Im having a mid life crisis??? easier to buy a sports car!
For me its about proving I have the ability to complete it before I get too old *text deleted*

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Good luck to you man.

I wasn't aware the RLC did the AACC, but it should give you a bit of a challenge!

MI64

Reaction score
Lots of our guys do the course.
I was enticed way back in 1993-4 couple of guys turned up at the place I was doing my Trade training at with Green lids and daggers on there arm, I just didnt at that time have the right mind set for it
I was super fit but not mentally tough enough. Now I think Im ready
Have dropped two stone and Im training hard.
Six days a week training a mixture of Tabbing and running.
Completed a 10km for charity in boots and combats in 55 minutes and run a half marathon in just over two hours.
Hve just started this week tabbing with 60lbs on my back only four miles a day but Im doing that in 53-56 minutes depending on how I feel.

Going to concentrate on my ropework and swimming as of next month Prepping for end of the year or early next year for the course