New PJFT Standards as 1st May 2018

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by CHUB!, Apr 9, 2018.

1. CHUB!

CHUB! Careers Adviser

CHANGE TO PJFT
    As of the 1st May 2018;

Treadmill
    1st Run 2.4 km in 12 mins 30 secs

1 min rest
    2nd Run 2.4 km in 10 mins 30 secs

ERGO

There isn't an incline anymore and there is an extra 30 secs on the 2nd run.

• Disagree. Disagree. x 2
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  2. sbradb

sbradb New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Lies... I can’t believe that!

• Seen Seen x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Seags98

Seags98 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Any reason for this?

4. Eafy

Eafy New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Huh...I thought April Fools Day had been and gone?? ;)

• Hoofin Hoofin x 2
  5. its_meg

its_meg Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    ...surely not??o_O

6. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    And the reason for the change is.....

• Like Like x 5
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  7. CHUB!

CHUB! Careers Adviser

I can't comment as it will just appear as *text deleted**text deleted**text deleted**text deleted**text deleted**text deleted**text deleted**text deleted**text deleted**text deleted**text deleted**text deleted**text deleted**text deleted**text deleted*.
    Safeguard, 12 Clips, Green Foulies, full citadel oh and throw in robocop!
    -banghead-

• Hoofin Hoofin x 5
  8. sbradb

sbradb New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Just echoing TPA and Seags asking what the reason for the change is?

9. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    So that it’s not seen as lowering it for women. Little creep at a time...

Considering the PJFT was changed to make it difficult because lads kept failing elements of the PRMC, we are taking a back step...

• Like Like x 4
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Seen Seen x 1
  10. CHUB!

CHUB! Careers Adviser

No the RN test has been adjusted also. so there isn't any subterfuge WRT to females. This has all come from the Head Honcho's of all training establishments in discussion with Naval recruiting. Unfortunately my boots aren't big enough to be consulted or challenge!
    :(

• Seen Seen x 1
  11. Illustrious

Illustrious Royal Marines Commando - Moderator

@CHUB! The navy has no doubt been adjusted because they can't recruit enough candidates. The Corps doesnt have that problem, so I'm firmly in @ThreadpigeonsAlpha 's camp on this one. Call me cynical but it is a little bit too much of a coincidence for me to just discount it as a navy wide thing and therefore not a change in standards by the back door.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Eafy

Eafy New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Seems that this is "Heard it here first" as the Royal Navy website has not been updated yet. Thanks for the report @CHUB!, even if it's not what everyone wanted to hear...

13. CHUB!

CHUB! Careers Adviser

Ican feel the snipers engaging from my office window.............please don't shoot the messenger. I am fully on your side as I have to try and manage these candidates to PRMC. WRT to the RN they have to achieve the old PJFT time at week 6 in training. I am sure PRMC will send back statistical feedback if a readjustment is needed.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

download.jpg

• Hoofin x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Gen Dit x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Nailed It x 1
  15. its_meg

its_meg Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    My first thought was an echo of what has been said on here too. Even if we assume it is to do with women joining all it will do is make it 10x harder for women to get into and through training. The opposition will intensify too much (understandably if we are honest) and put even more women off it...or is that their plan all along ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. LighteningWolf

LighteningWolf Royal Marines Commando

Embarrassing, when will someone in the head shed reach down their pants grab their balls and refuse the drop in standards.

This is just the first step, when people start failing the PRMC because they passed an easier PJFT they won't look at reverting the PJFT they will use it as an excuse to make the PRMC easier, soon after due to recruit wastage at CTC they'll probably end up making training softer and easier.

A few years down the line our ranks are infiltrated with unfit men and unfit women who are stealing a wage and the corps is no longer fit for purpose.

Yes I'm being cynical and grumpy but I don't think my prediction will be too far from correct! Time will tell.

• Like Like x 9
  17. dodgyknees

dodgyknees Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    I may be mischief making (bored in the office on a post-leave Monday afternoon) and am considering signing out a set of Osprey as I feel some incoming but just a thought...

Many on this thread talk about having to train specifically to pass the PJFT which has little to do with the PT undertaken on either PRMC or POC. This being the case, will a reduction in this hurdle enable prospective candidates to focus more on getting themselves fit for selection at CTC rather than passing an arbitrary test? As long as CTC do not lower their standards, it COULD be argued that this is a good thing.

• Disagree. Disagree. x 1
  18. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    The original PJFT was a single mile and a half run. Which was changed to the 2 runs, one at a base speed and another best effort due to lads failing in aspects of PRMC/RT.

As far as I was aware and told the 2 runs was introduced to make it harder but also to ensure correct training and preparation was made to continue onto PRMC/RT.

Running on a flat treadmill is not beneficial nor replicates real running. And it may just be 30 seconds now but the creep will slowly break it down over time.

19. sbradb

sbradb New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    What was the original PJFT time exactly? I’ve only known it to be the current one.

20. DBenn01

DBenn01 Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Would it not be a good idea to train with the incline and less time anyway? Aiming to be training harder than the requirements seems a logical approach.

• Like Like x 7
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1