New PJFT Standards as 1st May 2018

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by CHUB!, Apr 9, 2018.

1. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

Let the job requirements set the training standards! And place set criteria to measure the standards!!

A trg teams job is to get the recruit to meet the required standards! And if they are not, then it’s right that trg team is questioned. It's an odd one! My own experience being one of the Select out method, whereby the emphasis from the Officers and SNCO’s above me were to disregard and seek to bin recruits that were not keeping up!! As a young JNCO I struggled to deliver that trg model! And was always looking to help and encourage, rather than destroy confidence. I was constantly accused of being soft and cuddly by my fellow team members.

After I left the Army I took up Rugby coaching, and used my experiences and methods my own way!! I’m glad to say as a whole team we gained great success.

Inspiring confidence and a positive mindset can give so much energy and enthusiasm to anyone in a team environment. And is, in my opinion the most single powerful tool to succes. When you believe you can achieve something, anything is possible, however difficult it seems!! And if you can create a team mindset, who all buy in!! You are laughing!!

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. B3n5lav

B3n5lav New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I did my pjft today with Nuffield. Afco letter said, 2% incline, 1st run 12.30, 1min rest, 2nd run 10mins. Nuffields own sheet said the same. Think the old rules are still out there. Went ok anyway and I passed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LRL

LRL Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Standards back to the old now? Been looking on the website as it’s forever changing, only seeing 2% incline, 10min return. Can anyone confirm this?

I’m training on 3% at the moment anyway but just curious to know which standards it is.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

The current PJFT pass/fail standard is that indicated in post#1 of this thread.

The website is yonks out of date. It's probably still going-on about our first delivery of Supermarine Seafires or summat.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  5. Elvis

Elvis New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    In St Albans?

6. Ninja_Stoker

Both are incorrect however, the good news is you passed, despite everyone's best efforts to the contrary. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. B3n5lav

B3n5lav New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Sorry no it was in Liverpool

8. LRL

LRL Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    :D That websites a funny old thing because when the changes were made they did change the standards but now they’re back too what they were before, maybe it’s a recruitment stunt too make future applicants train too that standard then upon applying there fitness will be higher

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ninja_Stoker

If only we were that devious. :D

• Hoofin Hoofin x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Illustrious

Illustrious Royal Marines Commando - Moderator

Think he's giving the MOD a bit too much credit there...

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  11. Daniel1995

Daniel1995 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    @Ninja_Stoker
    Hi Ninja, could you confirm that these new times and the 0% incline is correct?
    I'm still training with the old times but it would be nice to know.
    Thanks.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  12. Elvis

Elvis New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    They're correct. Done my PJFT recently to these standards

13. Daniel1995

Daniel1995 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Ah okay thanks. I've got my selection interview in two weeks, and then my PJFT two weeks after.
    I'm just going to keep training for the old times and I'll be able to smash the new times no problem.

14. wishful thinking?

wishful thinking? New Member

Pfjt next wed, just got the info pack from Nuffield and it still has the old times and incline, hoping that’s just a clerical error ;)

15. Illustrious

Illustrious Royal Marines Commando - Moderator

Then go by the instructions as given and do it well.

If you want to join my Corps' then you need to accept that things don't always go how you expect.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. thefellsman

thefellsman New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    I had my PJFT around 4-6 weeks ago and it was without incline. Managed a 7min 10s so either way I think I'd have been fine. One thing however that threw me off was the treadmill operated in Km whereas the treadmill I had been using at my local gym was in miles.

17. panderpop123

panderpop123 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Completed my pjft last Friday, still old standards but 2% isn't anything major, no reason why doing it this way should bother people in my opinion

18. MozzaLUFC

MozzaLUFC Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    7 min 10 seconds? yeah i think you might of just scraped a pass with incline haha

19. 03092014

03092014 Royal Marines Commando

I'm guessing you have some sort of running background?!