New PJFT stylee

Gorillawizard

Reaction score
Just been trying the new style pjft this week and i didn't realise it would be that hard to do. Basically i tried it on tueday and couldn't even complete the first 2.4 km. I can do it on the road easily, and have been doin the original pjft piss easy, i think i need to adjust to it. Did it tonight and got through the first 2.4 km with ease at 12.5kph and dropped the speed down to 12.3 kph at 6 min and got a time of 11 min 44 sec, so i could put the speed on 12.3kph for the whole thing really. Had a 1 min rest jumped back on stuck it on 16kph (my usual original pjft speed) which was the wrong thing so dropped it down to 15kph after 1 min, i'm spittin feathers at this moment. Got to 1 km in and had to stop *text deleted* i couldn't breath. Anyway i got further than the last time. *text deleted* try again on sat. Anyone else having trouble with the new pjft style?

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i'm pretty sure you dont get to change the speed for the first bit, as on PRMC it's run as a troop at a set speed, it's the 2nd part that's at your best speed. mind you training your way wont do you any harm i suppose

Gorillawizard

Reaction score
Didn't realise you couldn't change the speed for the first bit. But whos going to know what the right speed is to get you under 12:30, they might set it too low so you'll fail or they may set it too fast. Think its somewhere between 12-12.5 kph is the right speed for under 12:30.

M

MTW

Didn't realise you couldn't change the speed for the first bit. But whos going to know what the right speed is to get you under 12:30, they might set it too low so you'll fail or they may set it too fast. Think its somewhere between 12-12.5 kph is the right speed for under 12:30.

you probably can speed it up if you really want to, but you are just making it alot harder for yourself, actually thinking about it you probably arnt allowed, but the personal trainer supervising you will know the exact time to get you in on 13.29

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ninja_Stoker said:
First part a steady 2.4kms in time allowed 12m30s

Second part a 2.4kms timed best effort 10m30s

Adjust the pace so that you complete the runs within the allotted time.

You really shouldn't be having difficulties with the times on a treadmill as if you cannot do it on a tread mill there is no way you can do it on PRMC/RMAD. If you feel you are not yet ready for the PJFT talk to your AFCO and get a later date.

W/\Nnabe

Reaction score
i know you have to do the 3 miler on the PRMC outdoors with a troop etc but do you have to do the new PJFT on the tread? im fcuking allergic to treadmills!!! HATE THEM! THEY ARE THE DEVIL!!

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
from what i know the first 1.5 miles on the tredmil has to be done in 12:30, which is approximatly a 8 minute mile pace. then the second is best effort in under 10:30. as this is what is done on prmc. so i highly doubt you can adjust the speed for the first 1.5

Turfy123

Reaction score
The first part of the run you need to average 11.6kmph and the second part is 13.8kmph.

Which when put like this doesn't sound too hard.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
When i phoned my local gym, nobody new anything about PJFT *text deleted*. after about the 5th person, the chap said, is that the 1.5mile run????

HarryLowe95

Reaction score
I have been to the careers office and a lot of you have most definitely misunderstood what's needed.

The first 1.5 mile run is to be completed in under 12:30
1 minutes rest
The second 1.5 mile run is to be completed in under 10:00

The first 1.5 mile run must be set at a 2% incline and at a speed of around 12.1kph. This should definitely get you under 12:30

1 minutes rest.

The second 1.5 mile run must be set at a 2% incline and at a speed of around 14.7kph. Maybe bang it up to 16kph for the last 2 minutes to ensure you get under 10 minutes.

When ever you feel like slowing down or quitting, just focus on something and stare at it. Trust me when I say this as it makes the time fly by, and also takes it off your mind a bit that your legs are worn out!

Hope this helped. :)

j05h94

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I have been to the careers office and a lot of you have most definitely misunderstood what's needed.

The first 1.5 mile run is to be completed in under 12:30
1 minutes rest
The second 1.5 mile run is to be completed in under 10:00

The first 1.5 mile run must be set at a 2% incline and at a speed of around 12.1kph. This should definitely get you under 12:30

1 minutes rest.

The second 1.5 mile run must be set at a 2% incline and at a speed of around 14.7kph. Maybe bang it up to 16kph for the last 2 minutes to ensure you get under 10 minutes.

When ever you feel like slowing down or quitting, just focus on something and stare at it. Trust me when I say this as it makes the time fly by, and also takes it off your mind a bit that your legs are worn out!

Hope this helped. :)
This thread is from '08 mate, it used to be a single 2.4km, then as the first post states they introduced the "return" run. And obviously you've explained the current style