Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

New PRMC Standard?

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by BentheHen, Mar 13, 2019.

1. BentheHen

BentheHen New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
  2. Thomo

Thomo New Member

It isn't all that new, I think it changed at the same time as they changed the PJFT times back in May.

3. Bionictonic

Bionictonic New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Just makes it easier doesn't it

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  4. Thomo

Thomo New Member

@Bootneck999 - do you think PRMC is easier?

5. Bionictonic

Bionictonic New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I haven't actually done the training myself however i am able to do the run personally in the time before the change so i can't actually give you personal opinion

6. EnteKaiser

EnteKaiser New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    But do you think this really changes the standard of those that pass? A candidate who runs a BFT that slow will probably not make it through the second day, or is likely to fail on points. It would be interesting to see the overall pass rate for those that only score one point on the BFT.

7. Bionictonic

Bionictonic New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Well if you run the first run and try and pass with like say 30 seconds left, it just means that on the second run they have more energy and time and don't need to run as fast. I also don't see anything about them changing the PJFT either.

8. BentheHen

BentheHen New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    I could have sworn the return time was still 10.30 when I looked a couple of weeks ago

9. HotelBravoMike

HotelBravoMike New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Have in mind that these times a bare minimum and that day one is about getting the maximum points achievable. The allowance may be 11:15 or something but anything above 10 minutes is probably going to hinder your ability to pass with enough points, let alone the training team having any faith in you getting past day 1.

I have my PRMC getting booked for about 6-7 weeks time and Ive been told to shave another 25 seconds at least off my time to get under 9:30 otherwise I wont be impressing anyone.

• Like Like x 1
  10. flakey19

flakey19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    The first run out at PRMC is squaded mate, everyone runs it in the same time. Bear in mind the PTI’s are known to run it a lot quicker than the 12:30 stated.

11. 2chrome2

2chrome2 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    If you come in just under 11 mins don’t expect to pass it’s a best effort and you need to accumulate as much points as possible