Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Featured New PRMC Video

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by 03092014, Aug 9, 2019.

1. 03092014

03092014 Royal Marines Commando

• Like Like x 12
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  2. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

Is the company who make the RM ones the same as the Army because ours are embarrising. Even if not all the roles are physically or mentally challenging they could atleast do better

• Like Like x 2
  3. Illustrious

Illustrious Royal Marines Commando - Moderator

That is probably one of the better recruitment videos I've seen, just a raw look at PRMC and a bit of motivational speech in the background. The lads who put that together definitely deserve a B+ on their SJAR.

• Like Like x 5
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  4. MEfan19

MEfan19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I think Capita have had a pretty big hand in the Army's recruitment ads. Whereas the Marines make most of the vids on YT themselves by the looks of it.
    Which would explain a lot.

Those Army ads were far from the type of vids that got me hyped about applying.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

A good honest video. Concur B+ SJAR.

Only slight reservation: The possibility that those joining may imagine you need mahoosive muscles going by the clips of the PTIs in the initial opening scenes. You don't.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Illustrious

Those muscles didn't help the PTI I got pitted against in a cqc session. I was on his grid like a Face Hugger and no amount of bicep was getting me off him.

• Like Like x 4
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 3
  8. ave!

ave! Royal Marines Commando

Its actually pretty damn good that, much better than the maglite eyes advert and the one where some random bloke abseils down a tree on a recce..

@Illustrious B+ won’t help , I got A- and still no promotion

• Like Like x 2
  9. 03092014

03092014 Royal Marines Commando

That's because they saw your thread about DSS :)

• Hoofin Hoofin x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Illustrious

You're telling me, I still believe putting in for the obvious knocked me back.

11. ave!

ave! Royal Marines Commando

Probably ..

I'm SPARTACUS

• Like Like x 1
  12. Polo

Polo Member

This PRMC video is one of the best I have seen. It was good to see them dispelling the '99% Need Not Apply' myth.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MEfan19

MEfan19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    The myth made it sound pretty cool though *text deleted*
    I loved that ad

14. Polo

Polo Member

Me too but the Royal Marines think it put many people off. The power of advertising.

15. MEfan19

MEfan19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    The RMs vids are all pretty great tho. They add a gritty thing to them that all the snowflake/it's ok to cry ads just don't have AT ALL.

I'd be curious to see how well Marines are doing as far as recruitment is concerned vs say the Army and RAF.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

In January when the new Army adverts came out capita claimed massive success as an all time record high. I dont know anyone in the world who likes these adverts so it must be something else. Last week capita got mentioned for failing once again as they near their 2022 contract end. Knowing the Army theyll keep them on instead of someone else. So itll be the same awful embarrising work

• Like Like x 1
  17. MEfan19

MEfan19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I have a theory that the spike in recruitment around that time was largely a result of like 4 military related shows that were all on in and around that time.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

Theres no way it was because of that set of adverts. Id love too rant on about it more but its all been said

19. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

It might depend on which parts of the Army benefited from the ad campaign. I’m guessing that numerically the balance between ‘fighting arm’ personnel and ‘support arm’ personnel might be considerably loaded in favour of ‘support arm’ personnel.

The recent (embarrassing) Army recruitment ads might well be meeting their targets if the priority is improving ‘support arm’ recruitment rather than 'fighting arm' recruitment. This notion requires an understanding of which parts of the Army are most undermanned. Or should that be ‘understaffed’? :) I've only had a quick but unsuccessful look for the stats which separate Army recruitment figures into these two fundamental groups. If anyone has a credible link please post it up.

The Royal Marines ads needn’t have such a broad and therefore vague marketing appeal because everyone targeted will eventually be first and foremost a Commando, regardless of the SQ they are assigned.

• Like Like x 1
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  20. MEfan19

MEfan19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    That 3 part series on the Paras definitely reeled in a few more recruits