New to this site.

neil0011

Reaction score
Hello every1.. get wee site for info.. seriously thinking of joining the RM fulltime. have previous army experience so that might help through trging. i live in northern ireland and was wondering if any1 else on here is N.I.

thanks

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Welcome!

There's quite a few N. Irish lads on here Neil, doubtless they will post on here soon.

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hiya mate,

There's a few from N.Ireland on here :D

neil0011

Reaction score
how did you find the prmc? what age are you...? im 28 and think i might be abit old to apply for the RM fulltime or is it just me

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
neil0011 said:
how did you find the prmc? what age are you...? im 28 and think i might be abit old to apply for the RM fulltime or is it just me
I'm 28 to mate ... never to old to wear green :D If you prep properly for prmc you should get through it just fine, it'll still be a hang out as you'll be pushed right out of your comfort zone, but then again if it was easy everyone would be doing it :*text deleted*:
It was a tough couple of days but a totally enjoyable experience mate! Highly recommend it!

neil0011

Reaction score
when i was in the army not long ago i got awarded champion p.t at the pass out parade and champion shot which i was well happy wif. RM trg will be alot harder. how long did it take till you got dates for *text deleted* prmc?

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Neil were you the guy that did the afco tests the same day as me ... there was only 2 of us, would have been a couple of months back now round about the start of august??

Once i passed my PFJT (12 or 13th sept) it was only 6wks from that date till my prmc!

The Sgt Mj. of our prmc said "Lads the good news is the hard bit is over i.e the prmc .... now for the bad news, the really hard bit is just about to start :wink: !" ... though that was a brilliant way of putting it! :D

neil0011

Reaction score
no *text deleted*.. i have just left the army in june this year and was thinking of joining the engineers then doing the all arms commando crs. but i think the RM fulltime would suit me better. what about your pjft how did you go about that

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
ah right ... the only reason i asked was there was an guy who was ex-army applying to go rmr when i did my afco tests .. never mind :*text deleted*:

As for the pfjt mate - with being in the army and that cant see you'll have much of a problem with passing that! But training wise all i did was practice running 1.5miles as quick as i could on a treadmill, that was it mate! I was doing other training as well but that was all i was really doing for the pfjt. Then once you pass your afco tests, you'll have your interview, eye sight test and then your med & pfjt on the same day all being well. You'll do the pfjt at the gym in palace barracks.

neil0011

Reaction score
might give them a bell and get some forms sent out and give it a shot. did you go over wif any 1 from here *text deleted* or know any1 in trging or has passed out

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Nice one mate, give them a call :D

Nope went over from here to PRMC on my own, there were no other N.I lads on that course. One of my mates is due to start RT in dec and another guy from N.I also on here is going to prm next week but other than that mate thats about all i know.

neil0011

Reaction score
will keep you posted on how i get on.. let me know when you start your trg and gd luck

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Nice one mate :D your only about 10mins away by car - i live just off the kings rd.