New Training Programme

PoyserRM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I should hopefully be going for my PRMC soon so *text deleted* decided to make my training abit more intense and *text deleted* come up with this programme, just postin it here to opefully get *text deleted* opinion on whether its good or not or if i should be doin other things
i do get up about 6am and on mondays and wednesday run about 7 miles in the mornins

Monday

1000m rower
200 press ups
60 reps bench press 50kg
3 sets of 21's 7.5kg
4 sets of 15 bicep curls 10-15kg
50 tricep dips
4000m rower (fast)
swim

Tueday

1000m rower
3mile run (22 min)
5km bike ride (10 min)
3 sets of 15 on legpress 260kg
3 sets of 15 lungees
500 sit ups
2km inclined run (max)
swim

wednesday

circuit training with trainer
swim

thursday

1000m rower
100 press ups
bench press (work up to 1 rep max, 110kg)
3 sets of 15 freeweight shoulder press 20kg
3 sets of 21's 7.5kg
50 tricep dips
4000m rower
swim

friday

Long run with trainer
500 Sit ups
100 press ups

Saturday

rest!!

sunday

1000m rower
5km bike ride
bench press 70kg
3 sets of 15 freeweight shoulder press 20kg
3 sets of 21's 7.5kg
swim

C

critchmufc

really good routine mate, but aim for quicker than 10mins on the 5km bike ride, id say like 8mins

i rode 2km in 3.31, with a dodgy tendon

u *text deleted* average like 120/30rpm

i can do it faster on roads

RC

Reaction score
*text deleted*, I don't think this will be very effective mate.

I think you would get better results by focussing your sessions on specific goals (most of the time). Take Thursday for example;

You have rowing (1000m - predominently anaerobic), followed by press ups (strength endurance), followed by bench pressing your 1RM (max strength), followed by rowing (4000m - predominently aerobic?). So basically you are training too many aspects of 'fitness' in one session to gain best results. Your body won't 'know' what to adapt to.

As an example. you would probably get better results doing max strength benching in the morning. Then 10 + hours later in the day do your rowing, or some other combination.

How long do your sessions last ? Some days I can imagine your sessions lasting around 1.5 hours +. Which in my opinion is too long for best results (most of the time). You can solve this by seperating your training sessions (morning and evening). Take Tuesday for example, you would probably get better results training your legs in the morning and then cardio in the evening.

It may be worth adding some interval/fartlek running ???

What about pull-ups ?

Plenty of pressing movements but very little back training/rear delts, which is a recipe for shoulder problems.

Rich.

PoyserRM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
thanks, i appreciate that, i wil try and re-do the routine to make it how u say by focussin on certain areas

and with my runnin i do do interval sprints throughout the 7 miles and hill sprints (which i can say helps hell of alot) and i also include the pull ups in my runs when im across parks

but thank u for the advice

New Threads