new, want to be a royal marine commando

N

Nacnudus

hi everyone, new to the forum, and i want to be a royal marine commando (in the kind of young, hopeful sort of way). Anyway, i have been undertaking a fitness program over the past few weeks:

45 minutes of running (not entirely sure how far, it fluctuates)
100 situps
15 pressups
5 pull ups
7 chinups (most i can do)

ANything else i should include?

Thanks

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Hi,

Welcome to the site, their are plenty of other youngsters on here. Your training should really depend on how old your are, are you around 15-16?

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yes im 15. I'm guessing the vast majority of people registered on this forum are older than me?

EDIT: oh and for some strange reason my user name had to be turned from Nacnud into Nacnudus. Now its gone back to Nacnud *text deleted*.

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
You are not doing 'Marine' sit ups if you can do 100 in a row.

You need to keep your knees touching together at all times, and both elbows must touch the ground when you go down, with fingers on temples, then each elbow must touch the outside of the corresponding knee (left elbow, left knee)

and of course your feet must stay on the ground at all times.

S

Sotiris

Welcome aboard.

You need to banging out way more push-ups with correct "Marine" technique. In addition, there's no point in running for 45 mins if you're only covering 3 miles or so. You need to know how much ground you're covering and in how much time. Get comfortable with running a mile in under 7-8 mins. Make sure with your pull-ups when you stretch your arms are completely straight and when you bend you can easily rest your chin on the bar. Matt has already pointed out the appropriate sit-up technique.

I would say go for at least two runs a week with a weighted backpack, some would disagree with me but I find it the most challenging way to run. Good for the body, good for the soul.

Don't eat crap. Try to cut out drink as much as possible and if you smoke stop. Get lots of sleep.

At the end of the day you're very young so it's going to be very tough. You are not as physically matured as an older teen or young adult. The benefit here is that you have a great opportunity to strengthen your physical determination.

Wake up every morning and say this to yourself:

Courage
Determination
Unselfishness
Humor in the face of adversity

Good luck.

Stocksey

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. I'm also 15 and have been training for a week. My advice would be to aim to run 3 miles in about 25 mins within your first 2 weeks depending on your fitness. Also, record your scores and try to beat them the next week. Try to find a training partner as they will help push you on.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
You are not doing 'Marine' sit ups if you can do 100 in a row.

You need to keep your knees touching together at all times, and both elbows must touch the ground when you go down, with fingers on temples, then each elbow must touch the outside of the corresponding knee (left elbow, left knee)

and of course your feet must stay on the ground at all times.

Ive done 100 "marine" situps before mate.

justin-t

Reaction score
Welcome to the site mate,
im 16 and here are my current :
here are my things at the moment :

RM Style
Press-ups - 25
Sit-ups - 48
Pull-ups 6
1.5 miles - 9:18
3 miler - 18.48

Is there any way i can pass with that?

my PRMC is in 13 days time.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the site mate,
im 16 and here are my current :
here are my things at the moment :

RM Style
Press-ups - 25
Sit-ups - 48
Pull-ups 6
1.5 miles - 9:18
3 miler - 18.48

Is there any way i can pass with that?

my PRMC is in 13 days time.

Dig out blind and I suppose you could. But being brutally honest I think you might fail on pressups.

Stocksey

Reaction score
You need to do a minimum of 30 press ups or you fail the prmc so yeh train like you never trained before and hope. Good luck.