Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

New, you’ve already been so helpful.

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by JWills17, Feb 13, 2020.

1. JWills17

JWills17 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Hi,

I’ve always thought about joining but ended up putting myself off over the years but now as I’m getting older (27) and I’ve matured I know it’s what I want.

just applied, for the RMR and have my test at afco in a couple of weeks. Running mile and a halves at just over 11 mins so think I’ll be ready in a couple of weeks with some effort.

Only thing I’m worried about is the medical.

I had an op when I was 6, broke right cheek bone, grafted bone from my left rib to fix. never any issues and eye sight is still perfect etc.. not sure if I need to declare that or provide history for it?

also had inhalers as a child, just the blue ones. I used to get one when I went to the docs or had to go for chest infection etc.. My mum is a nurse and advised me to because they were free but never really used them. I can’t remember the last time I was issued one but I am talking years ago.. could be within 4 but not sure.. I’ve not seen the medical questionnaire yet but wondering if I need to mention it? Been reading the threads for a while on here and you’re all really helpful. Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rob20

Rob20 Royal Marines Commando

Work on that run time mate but all the best

• Like Like x 2
  3. Trooper149

Trooper149 Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Good stuff, been a few recent threads with regards to PMUs, TMUs and people who have had medical history who have conquered obstacles with regards to that.

Generally speaking, anything that happened more than two years ago and has been symptom free ever since, provided you can get a written sign off from a GP, will be taken off any case to make you PMU/TMU.

Do check out the other threads with regards to medicals on here mate!

• Like Like x 1
  4. JWills17

JWills17 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Will do, cheers for that mate.