new

TJ08

Reaction score
umm,

well im new...
Going for a bursary to uni but if i can get on a POC earlier then i might be able to get a scholarship for upper 6th.

im in lower 6th form, in the process of apllying as i write. got the psycometric test on the 28th.

Ive been doing alot of phys, 3-4 runs a week around 4-6 miles and gym work.
Thats about it,
im kinda bad on the corps history and that so ill probs be posting a few threads of that nature.

cheers.

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome mate,

I'm in yr 11 at the mo, but will be doing my POC and AIB soon, to try for a scholarship for upper and lower 6th.

Good luck!

Ross.

TJ08

Reaction score
i didnt really know where to post this so i thought i may as well stick it up here.

quick question,

I have a phsycometric test coming up soon, i had to miss the first one i had scheduled *text deleted* i wasnt in the country. Now i have a second one and dont have the paperwork sorted (birth certificate, National Insurance etc) as its all abroad as well. (i live abroad). ive had the first interview thing and i passed.

what i was wondering is if when i finally get round to putting my aplication in, will they say 'bugger off you've messed us around too much' or does this sort of thing happen often? (people missing tests etc.)

crackhour

Civilian Member
Reaction score
So you went PURPOSELY abroad to get your credentials in order, but THEY HAD BEEN MOVED OR STOLEN and you had to apply for a new set...Which is going through the process now...

Are you saying you are very sorry for the inconvenience and will be sorted out very soon and would appreciate them bearing with you and being patient as their reputation says they are??

Is that it?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
i didnt really know where to post this so i thought i may as well stick it up here.

quick question,

I have a phsycometric test coming up soon, i had to miss the first one i had scheduled *text deleted* i wasnt in the country. Now i have a second one and dont have the paperwork sorted (birth certificate, National Insurance etc) as its all abroad as well. (i live abroad). ive had the first interview thing and i passed.

what i was wondering is if when i finally get round to putting my aplication in, will they say 'bugger off you've messed us around too much' or does this sort of thing happen often? (people missing tests etc.)
You'll need at least a passport as a means of ID to sit the Recruiting test, if you haven't provided proof of identity previously.

The best bet is not to actually submit your application forms until you have all the documentation required. Your application can only progress so far until all the required pieces of paper are provided.

To get the earliest possible entry date follow the first post in this LINK

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ninja, does it matter that I look like a 10 year old on my Passport(I was actually 10 at the time)? I don't think there's much time between now and the next time the AFCO will need my passport again. They've already photocopied it but apparently they'll need it again before RT?

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Ashley when you apply for a new one, you don't have to destroy the other one in the meantime. You can keep hold of it until the new one arrives, so if their is a chance you do need a new one best to get it sorted before hand.

GW

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks GW,

When I renewed my old passport I had to send my current one off and they send it back with cut edges. If I want to update my passport photo I have to send it off too, I've got the form here to do it but I'm not sure I want to send it off just incase.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Fair enough, I went to the local passport office to renew mine and they did it pretty quick.

May aswell just keep it then until the AFCO say to send it off or have any problems with it.

All the best
GW

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers Greywing, I didn't think about going to the PO to do it. Nice one =)

Ash