Newb wanting to join the RMR

DustyFruit

Reaction score
Howdy, just thought I'd introduce myself. Am looking into joining the RMRs as I feel I'm not making the most of my free time and would love to push myself and be able to make it as a Royal Marine.

I'm based in Plymouth which is an ideal location I feel. Will be attending the presentation evening in Plym on the 18th April, still a little while away yet. Have done a lot of research and feel this is something I want to do. Began running just over a week ago, and pushed myself too much too quickly and ended up straining my IT band, Bloody sore! So no running for another week or so which Im gutted about.

With regards to the PRMC selection weekends, I heard there is one in September, but does anybody know an exact date? I am in the USA from Aug 29th-Sept 15th and I have this horrid feeling that I am going to miss it! Are there any other dates this year for PRMCs?

Cheers,
Josh.

Neo_HK

Reaction score
Hi mate,

Hows the training coming along, have you started running again?

I'm in the same position as you, looking to join the RMR Leeds Det and just sent my eye test and medical forms back to the AFCO to get processed for the Medical stage of the recruitment process.

One of the CSgts at Leeds said the PRMRC would be held sometime in September aswell and Phase Recruit Training following after (maybe late september/early october).

I think PRMC dates are dependent on which unit you're applying to and therefore can differ depending on the number of potential recruits for the year, probably best just to ask on your presentation evening and they should clear up any issues :)

R4Robotics

Spectator
Reaction score
Josh - Are you the same lad from another thread asking about Bristol PRMC??

Either way RMR Bristol's PRMC is schedules for 21 ? 23 Sep 12

Any other questions feel free to PM me as I don't always check the message boards.