1. tallboy500

tallboy500 New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    I have joined as the the dad of a new recruit who is currently at Lympstone in his first few weeks of training

• Like Like x 2
  2. BM1995

BM1995 Member

App Stage:
    Partner
    How is he finding it so far and how are you?
    Good luck to him!

3. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Welcome. You have been added to the Partner & Parent sub-forum.

4. tallboy500

tallboy500 New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    He had a wobbly 1st couple of days ( I knew he shouldn't have spent most of a week with his girlfriend before he started training) but he has settled in he says as best as he can with only 10hrs of sleep in the first week. This is what he has wanted for the last 5 years and I have full confidence in his ability to get through it all. As his Dad I am very proud of what he is intending to achieve and will support him to the full in his endeavour. I have of course concerns for the career choice but he has chosen to join the best and I can only have the fullest confidence that he will get the best training available and support from the force and all his new mates.

• Like Like x 4
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  5. Fleet98

Fleet98 Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    @tallboy500
    Welcome to this roller coaster journey. If you know what Troop he in look for a thread for it. If you don't see one you can set up your own Troop thread an that might encourage others to join you whose Nods are in t same Troop as your lads. Best of luck

6. Cues2

Cues2 Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Welcome @tallboy500 to the infamous rollercoaster, it will be 32 weeks 'you' will never forget! Just keep up the encouragement and the positive messages. You will play a significant part in him getting through. It's important that his girlfriend does the same. When the nods are at their lowest ebb and physically and mentally worn out, it's those at home that can be the makers or breakers. Our nod, did a wise thing, in that he only ever thought about getting through the next day and the next hour, and day by day he ticked them off. It is bloody tough, but, with the right mind set, he can do it. Any questions, just post them on here and you will get surprisingly quick replies. Which troop is your nod in?

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  7. tallboy500

tallboy500 New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Thanks Cues2. My Nod is in 273

• Like Like x 2
  8. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando

There is a 273 Troop thread for you to keep track of him and the others associated with it.

Alan

• Like Like x 1
  9. tallboy500

tallboy500 New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Yep, I found it thanks

• Like Like x 1