Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.
  1. gah03

gah03 New Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Hi, I’m a newbie and have a medical question, are the medical rules the same in the army and navy? I’ve been undecided for a while on joining the paras or marines, anyway I chose the paras so that I could go to AFC Harrogate as I’m nearly 16, but I got rejected due to eczema on my hand once 8 years ago, I have appealed but if that fails then I want to apply for the marines. I’ve done some research and all I can find is that you have to be clear from eczema for 3 years, no mention of the hand?

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Welcome. Generally the medical rules are the same but ultimately it depends on how they are interpreted by the appointed medical examiner.

If you are three years clear of precription medication, the condition has not re-occurred and there's nowt visible, you should be OK.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Omega

Omega Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Don't see why you should fail the initial medical let alone an appeal. If you are totally free from eczema and prescriptions for over eight years, you should pass the medical.

4. gah03

gah03 New Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Thank you. My appeal has been rejected even though my GP has wrote that there was never a definite diagnosis of eczema.
    I don’t want to give up so I’m going to appeal again, can anyone give any advice on appealing a second time?

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Sorry to hear the outcome, we cannot advise for Army applicants unfortunately.

For RN or RM applicants, to appeal, you need supporting, qualified evidence to prove it is something other than diagnosed - be aware, "allergic reactions" are equally a bar to entry.

6. gah03

gah03 New Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Ok thank you.