Newww!!

jaym018

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score

Heyy everyone
been looking on this website for a couple weeks now and u all semm like good lads so thought ide sign up *text deleted*

well basically im 16 and doin unformed services at col (helps ith fitness)
i train 5 times a week quite haard and wna join july august 09 ish

pbs
sit ups in 2 mins 93
press ups in 2 mins 73
pull ups 7
mile and half 9 16
3 mile 20:50

any pointers wud be great and sum storys wudnt go a miss *text deleted*

cheers lads

jay:noob: :cheesy:

PaddyTheManc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

With that level of fitness you should be fine with pjft and prmc, out of interest you going for officer?

Death-Oar-Glory

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hey man, all your scores seem impressive, however your 3 miler could do with a bit of work, try and get it below 19 minutes!

Good to know you're training quite hard already, but you didn't mention anything about applying? Because the application process takes quite a long time, so if you want to be in a specific intake, you should talk to your AFCO and get them to confirm when the deadline for handing in your form is.

Keep your training varied, keep checking this site for hints, tips, advice, news, and motivation!

jaym018

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
heyy everyone thanks for welcome

Paddythemanc- no im not joining as an officer because i dont have A levels and dont have it in me to do them right now *text deleted* i do want to get comissioned at some point tho.

Peter maughan- yeah i do some marine style pressups but find them really hard! *text deleted*
ah well, and im not sure when to apply.
i want to be in RT by about july time and my tutor at college said i should join about january time

cheers lads

Jervis

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey dude nice scores, how much do you weigh? also are those marine style press ups? if so just maintain that level mate.

jaym018

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
heyy thanks
no there not marine style im afraid =[
goin to start doin them

and im bit of a skinny runt *text deleted*
5 ft 11 and weigh 11 stone

Wezzoo

Reaction score
Hey mate welcome to the site... Lota top lads on here theyll be able to answer nething u ask :)
Nice scores *text deleted*!

kit-kat-man

Reaction score
ello *text deleted* and welcome.
Your scores are pretty impressive keep that up and improve and you will have no problem at all.
My advice would be to apply now and if u need to slow things down a bit later if theres a certain time you would *text deleted* start RT.
Ninja Stoker or 1 of the admins will be able to answer anything you would want to know *text deleted* the MOD should give them a bunch of application forms and we wouldn't even need to trek down to the careers offices.
You seem well fit enough and im sure your college course will maintain and improve it so just get stuck in on all things Royal Marines and make sure you are mentally prepared for it because i noticed on the PRMC it dosnt matter how fit you are (although it helps) they will still make you hert.
SO GO FOR BOIIIII!!!

New Threads