Next step

Deleted

Reaction score
Just an update, had interview on Feb 23rd and today I have phone call with triage nurse. Have to say, now that the ball is rolling after waiting since October for the new systems etc, it's moving pretty quickly now. Will keep posting my updates. If everything runs smoothly could be in by Christmas and Santa can bring me that green beret haha :D Don't want to jinx it tho -nailbiting-:D

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Just an update, had interview on Feb 23rd and today I have phone call with triage nurse. Have to say, now that the ball is rolling after waiting since October for the new systems etc, it's moving pretty quickly now. Will keep posting my updates. If everything runs smoothly could be in by Christmas and Santa can bring me that green beret haha :D Don't want to jinx it tho -nailbiting-:D
You could easily be in Recruit Training by April or May if you aren't delayed at the medical stage & are fully fit to pass prmc right now.

Best o'luck.

Deleted

Reaction score
You could easily be in Recruit Training by April or May if you aren't delayed at the medical stage & are fully fit to pass prmc right now.

Best o'luck.

What I meant to write was could be passed out by Christmas! My mistake haha yeah fingers crossed, the sooner the better!

Deleted

Reaction score
Had the phone call, pretty straight forward. 300 questions about if I'd ever had certain diseases and ailments later phone call done, they'll send my doctor a letter to send medical records. Does anybody know how long this usually takes if my doctor sends them straight away once the letter arrives?

Deleted

Reaction score
Top tip with the triage nurse.... say nothing!
After saying NO for the 15 minute rapid fire round she was laying down on me without a single breath, i started to wonder if maybe i did have a mental problem :eek::D

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Top tip with the triage nurse.... say nothing!
Not a good idea. Any undeclared pre-existing condition subsequently coming to light usually results in an NFA Med discharge & can be a bar to re-entry.

With regard timeline from GP response, usually a couple of weeks to the face to face medical.

The tip is to ask your GP to respond pending payment to speed things along.

Deleted

Reaction score
Just an update: Got the text today, face to face medical over in southport on the 21st, great news for me as there was a little hold up after the triage call with the nurse, hopefully as I'm getting a face to face this means no more medical issues and I can do my pjft soon and PRMC and get the hell in to RT by the end of summer!! Could have my green lid by this time next year if all is well! One day at a time tho eh! Haha

Deleted

Reaction score
PASSED the medical today, the one thing I was worrying about, massive result for me, every step closer I swear feels like I've just won a massive prize, but when you can see your dreams and ambitions coming together nicely it's hard not to be chuffed even at the little stages like passing the medical :D No dramas easy as that. PJFT next. Getting closer now, need to get in ASAP no doubt my girlfriend will be more overjoyed than me as she won't have to keep hearing me talk about getting in the Marines constantantly anymore :D;)

New Threads