Next War?

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by Scotland19, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Scotland19

Scotland19 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    With the way the world is going at the minute where is looking like the next place british troops may be deployed....what's your guess?

2. Zak123

Zak123 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    my bet is:

1. some sort of civil unrest like the london riots but this time the military might get involved.
    2.iran, the last threat to america in the middle east. if america goes to war britian would follow.

possible but highly unlikely:
    1. Russia
    2.china
    3. north Korea

if we go to war, it may start of as conventional but will ultimately lead to a nuclear war. as i sate 'the best form of sovereignty is when a country has nuclear weapons'.

i also believe the British military may have to increase ground troops to familiar hot posts like Afghanistan which the Taliban control 70% of the country and there is a threat of taking the major cities like kabul. other than that am not sure of future deployments of soldiers excluding special forces.

3. Scotland19

Scotland19 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Yes I was thinking along the lines of Afghan/Iraq and also possibly some of the african countries where extremists are operating.

4. Zak123

Zak123 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Yes most likely Afghan not sure of Iraq as they have gotten rid of most extremist group like Isis by themselves. Afghanistan is in a real pickle, the war wasn't and still isn't popular and western countries are scared to send ground troops to avoid casualties in what is viewed as an unwinnable war but Afghanistan is damn nearly taken over by the Taliban thus will always be fighting to do there.

5. Scotland19

Scotland19 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Yeah I read a thing recently saying Taliban are now active in over 70% of afghanistan controlling large parts of it and its now more dangerous than ever with daily attacks.

6. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

Russia no, Why China? We get along. North Korea has simmered down a bit and Afghan if blokes went back in itd be more under the radar to avoid looking like we wasted time

7. Scotland19

Scotland19 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Where would be your guess if any?

8. Shadow Frog

Shadow Frog Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Vegans & Feminism.

• Like Like x 4
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 3
  9. Scotland19

Scotland19 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    I couldn't sign up quick enough if that was the case

• Like Like x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  10. Rover

Rover Moderator

Food for thought.

Britain cautions against hasty exit of AU troops from Somalia

Britain has cautioned against premature withdrawal of African
    Union troops from Somalia, saying such a move could be detrimental
    to the stability of the Horn of African nation. Harriett
    Baldwin, visiting British minister for Africa, instead called for a
    conditions-based, gradual withdrawal of the troops, based on
    the strength of the Somali security forces.

US building drone base in Somalia to expands war on Al
    Shabaab?

The U.S. Defense Department awarded a more than $12 million
    contract for ‘emergency runway repairs’ at Camp Baledogle,
    Somalia, last month. Now, the new runway repairs appear to
    be stepping up the capabilities of the airfield there and could
    be the harbinger of an expanding U.S. footprint in Somalia. U.S.
    Africa Command confirmed to Air Force Times that it operates
    the facilities at Camp Baledogle alongside African partners,
    but remained scant on details regarding what aircraft currently,
    or are planned, to fly from there.

Curtsey of latest MAST report.

11. Zak123

Zak123 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    i think western countries are scared to send any form of ground combat troops to Somalia, especially americans after black hawk down. i think there will be more drone strikes. however i think there is chance for conflinct anywhere where we could get involved.

12. Rover

Rover Moderator

A rethink perhaps........o_O

June 10, 2018 / 6:05 AM / 4 months ago

U.S. soldier killed in Somalia firefight identified

(Reuters) - A U.S. commando killed in a Somalia firefight against al-Shabaab militants was identified as U.S. Army Staff Sgt. Alexander Conrad, 26, of Chandler, Arizona, the Department of Defense said late Saturday.

Sgt. Conrad was killed and four other commandos were wounded Friday during an operation against the militants, the U.S. military said.

Conrad, born in Mesa, Arizona, was attached to the 1st Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group, Airborne, in Fort Bragg, North Carolina, said Lt. Colonel Robert Bockholt, an Army spokesman.

He was a Human Intelligence, noncommissioned officer.

Conrad, and the U.S. special operations forces were fighting alongside about 800 troops from the Somali National Security Forces and Kenyan Defense Forces when they were attacked about 2:45 p.m. Friday by mortars and small arms fire.

The troops had been on a mission to clear al-Shabaab from contested areas as well as villages the militants controlled, “and establish a permanent combat outpost” to expand the reach of the Somali state, the U.S. military’s Africa Command said in a statement.

Although one of the wounded Americans did not receive additional care after being treated in the field, the other three were medically evacuated for follow-up care.

Conrad was previously deployed to Afghanistan twice in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, for a total of more than 13 months.

He had received numerous awards and was posthumously awarded the Purple Heart and Meritorious Service Medal, Bockholt said.

About 500 U.S. troops are deployed in Somalia.

13. Fibonarchie

Fibonarchie Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Yup, balkans or somewhere in Africa.

14. Don't kill sean bean

Don't kill sean bean New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    You're ruling out Spain, they might want Gibraltar real bad and with us leaving the EU and right wing parties becoming more popular they may want it. Just saying it's an interesting thought.

15. DeathBySexy

DeathBySexy New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    *Straw clutching intensifies*

Does it look as if British troops are going to be deployed in any kind of force into a "conflict" zone any time soon? I would have thought the politicians have a little on their plate already.