NFA discharge

BRB111

Reaction score
Hello,

*text deleted* recently been discharged by NFA P0(R) with lower back pain. I was wondering what the situation is with reapplying after my 12 month period.

Will I be scrutinised during medical screening?

I’m a transfer from the RN having done 4 years! Is there an option the Navy could take me back with out going through the AFCO and capita medical?

Cheers

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of the circumstances.

Once medically discharged, the medical standards for entry apply when rejoining, equally for RM or RN. The full re-entry process must be undertaken, regardless of what a service Medical Officer may have indicated upon disxharge.

If you underwent a medical board of survey and were awarded compensation or a medical pension upon discharge then the odds of re-entry into any service are substantially reduced inasmuch as if the individual is claiming they have fully recovered, then the compensationary aspects would need to be reviewed and possibly repaid.

The re-entry process, unless transferred P2 (fully fit,-whilst serving) is far more convoluted upon rejoining due to prior service and medical history unfortunately. Re-entry will involve going through your AFCO and gaining approval to process, once 100% recovered, assuming the injury is not an outright bar to future military service.

By coincidence, this recent thread by @LUFC1999 refers and this thread highlights the very real risks unfortunately : https://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/transfer.107894/#post-637192

Latest posts

New Threads